PDA

View Full Version : The Silver Dollars is here!

kearney
07-22-2011, 09:35 AM
The Silver Dollar Nationals is here!

The long anticipated Silver Dollar Nationals is here! Last night dirt late models including some of the best drivers in the country took to I-80 Speedway to shake down their cars for tonight’s Double Qualifying Heats. Drivers such as Billy Moyer, Dale McDowell, Don O’Neal, Clint Smith, Jimmy Mars, Kelly Boen, John Anderson and many others were on hand to get set up for tonight’s qualifying events. Today those drivers will be joined by a host of other dirt late models in their quest to qualify for the $25,000 to win Silver Dollar Nationals.

Also arriving today will be a large contingency of USMTS Modifieds who raced last night in Bloomfield, Iowa. They will be running complete racing programs both tonight and tomorrow night. Several modified drivers also practiced last night including defending USMTS National Champion Jason Hughes of Westville, Oklahoma.

Friday night will feature Double Qualifying Heats sponsored by MalvernBank.com for the MLRA sanctioned Late Models and a complete show for the USMTS Modifieds. Saturday will include another complete USMTS racing program plus Last Chance Races and the big 80 lap, $25,000 to win, $1,000 to start Silver Dollar Nationals. 34 late models will start the Silver Dollar Nationals with Al Belt of Al Belt Custom Homes presenting the winning driver the big check.

Grandstands and Pit Gates open both Friday and Saturday at noon. Action starts at 7 pm both days with Hot laps followed by racing action. Fans will be allowed in the pits after the races tonight and will be allowed in the pits tomorrow from noon until 2:45 pm with a purchased Saturday night ticket. I-80 Speedway is located just north of Exit #420 off Interstate 80.

BirkyTime15B
07-22-2011, 12:27 PM
Will be there saturday with a van full of first time visitors to I-80 speedway! Looking forward to it!!!