PDA

View Full Version : Ponderosa Results?

racingumpire
07-23-2011, 12:08 AM
Its 1:07 am and no results? I thought they had a curfew.Anyone with results in late models or mods,info would be nice.Sure do like to advertise these races but,never any hurry to post results!!!!!

JDB20XD1
07-23-2011, 12:44 AM
Ratliff
johnson
watson
chilton
webb

NormP
07-23-2011, 12:51 AM
They probably haven't posted any results because the racing wasn't finished till after 1 AM.

The driving in the late model feature was sloppy. Greg Johnson and Justin Ratliff exchanged words in the infield after the feature but it was no big deal. Lots of cautions. 19 late models started, I think 10 finished.

bleedsbluer2
07-23-2011, 01:14 AM
still cant understand why neat was sent to tail of a complete restart instead he goes pitside bad call late model drivers wasnt as sloppy as the officials tonight

NormP
07-23-2011, 01:33 AM
I was hoping you had heard what the story on that was. I don't blame Neat for being upset. If it's a complete restart how can you be sent to the tail? I didn't see him do anything that should have got him penalized on the start.

I was also hoping to see Lee stay in the race longer but he didn't look too strong while he was in the race.

Yeah the officials had me confused a few times, they were kind of sloppy but the driving tonight overall just wasn't that impressive.

Last year the $3000 races at the Pond drew 25-30 cars. Was there another race in the area that took cars away tonight?

link bar
07-23-2011, 02:22 AM
guessing that neat went to the tail because his crew touched his car. (didnt do anything).

Why
07-23-2011, 03:22 AM
Another typical night for Joey Daniels, getting mad, trying to drive through another car. Funny thing is he was the only car out of the four(that he almost destroyed) that had to limp into the pits. Why would anyone let such a sore loser drive there car? Straighten up Joey and grow up before you kill someone.

UGROOVE1
07-23-2011, 07:56 AM
Very bad call on Dustin in my view. Officials got that one way wrong.!! Track was very good though. Took a while to get it rolled in, but I can promise ya this. Nobody can complain about there being no moisture in the track surface.

dirtdocter
07-23-2011, 09:29 AM
Pretty good racing at the Pond tonite. Sure wish they would hurry the program along alittle faster. Seems like they have to beg the drivers to qualify and race. They need to get Larry Yance to give them a few pointers on how to keep the show going.

NormP
07-23-2011, 09:59 AM
When they kept calling for the lates to line up for heat #1 I was sitting there wondering what they could do to make them get out there. I guess you could skip heat 1 and send all six cars to the tail of the field or something. But there was lots of dead time for sure.

The track looked good all night I thought.

bleedsbluer2
07-23-2011, 12:00 PM
the bad call on neat came from the booth not the offocials on the track just inexsperianced people in the tower heres a tip from most tracks rules if a caution happens on the start of a race then it will be a complete restart cars will get position back if they are able to return without repairs beeing made by crew members i dont think we will see dustin neat back at the pond anytime soon and the changing of words in the infield after the race between rattler and johnson that was one call the officials got right rattler was first to flagstand on the last lap before the caution came out and why is no one talking about jeff watson he ran as good as i ever seen

HEAVY DUTY
07-23-2011, 12:36 PM
Sounds like another hammer down wet race track.All they are good for are cautions blown motors,tore up cars, and late nights.When are they going to realize that you cannot pass on a hammer down track without running over somebody?

reddirt67
07-23-2011, 01:48 PM
What a crap hole.....they can fix the lag in the racing and the lining up of racers by just making the drivers use racecieves.
Why do you send a racer to the tail for nothing at all, but allow a second place car to run completely under the first place car.....they, then get to keep there spot. Isn't that referred to as rough driving.
To finish, why was there a caution with 2 to go and the leader doesnt get his spot back. The leader was passed and caution came out. The lap however was not completed, therefore you revert back to the last lap completed. What kind of nimrods are running that track now.

NormP
07-23-2011, 03:01 PM
Maybe it's because I'm not familiar with the rules, but I thought you race to the flag stand and whoever is in front is the leader at that point?

dirtworks92
07-23-2011, 06:22 PM
Not sure how they do it but, the way most tracks score the race is this. You have 1 person calling out car numbers as they come across flag stand, and another person writing them down as they are called out. After every car on lead lap crosses flag stand that is a completed lap. It is too dangerous too race back too the caution flag so only true way of setting the field is when caution comes out. Back up too the last completed lap u have on paper and set the field too that. Regardless of who passed who on the lap caution came out.

bleedsbluer2
07-24-2011, 01:18 AM
maybe donnie should stay in the booth so he can see whats going on. On the track so he doesnt have to ask someone else and maybe put rerun back on the flagstand