PDA

View Full Version : North Ga Speedway Super Latemodels

99dirt
07-24-2011, 05:41 PM
This Saturday July 30 all super latemodels will have the option to run a 12"spoiler
Plus racing in all divisions.

Muddauber08
07-24-2011, 07:14 PM
Just saying .... I'd like to see a special night in Limited and Super Late Model run the old days race of the sideboards mounted to the cars, either one side or both. Maybe a "run what you brung race " do it around end of season . Who Knows ??????? !!!!!!

99dirt
07-24-2011, 07:19 PM
Pretty sure Thursday night august 4
Topless limited race !

Muddauber08
07-24-2011, 07:28 PM
Cool..... Sugar Creek ran the limiteds one year with the high side Plexiglass ( if I remember correct) , They were flatfooting the track ... bad fast seems like Danny Ledford won it. It's a show.

otto9
07-25-2011, 08:56 AM
Is North Georgia running a $5,000 to win on August 4th of the Supers?

99dirt
07-25-2011, 10:23 AM
North Ga is having a $5000 to win on aug.4

badacefaist19
07-25-2011, 10:55 AM
is it a sanctioned race or what?

ga racer
07-25-2011, 11:52 AM
i guess if u cant out run them join them lol.. what a joke u gotta a guy "rj" running a 600 hp motor at most and yal wanna cry about his spoiler when he could probly out run yal without a spoiler, how bout this tell him to run a 8 inch spoiler and everyone else run a 12 inch spoiler and pay him extra when he still wins the race, u dont change the rules just cause u cant win especially when ur the one runnin the track...yal should just be happy that he races there some and brings fans to the track but instead ur trying to run him off...... i guess if you lease the track , and spent 10 times more money than he does and you still cant outrun him change the rules, what a dam joke.

nuff said
07-25-2011, 01:10 PM
Agreed.
Very strange rule change to say the least.

stevo
07-25-2011, 02:07 PM
How about make RJ start in the rear.no wait that don't work we done tried that well lets just put some alu on spoiler and see if they beat him. or we could really mud up the track and maby 99 could win with all that hp .no that wont work last time Payne came and stole the show. Make RJ pull a trailer or something !

JustDirt
07-25-2011, 02:20 PM
It's Super Late Model. Make the spoilers all the same. Weigh the same . Open tire rule. Run what ever motor you want to run. It's Super Late Model. It's suppose to be the best, the fastest, not the cheapest and it ain't suppose to be easy. If it was, then everyone would be running it.

chevyboy
07-25-2011, 02:22 PM
i guess if u cant out run them join them lol.. what a joke u gotta a guy "rj" running a 600 hp motor at most and yal wanna cry about his spoiler when he could probly out run yal without a spoiler, how bout this tell him to run a 8 inch spoiler and everyone else run a 12 inch spoiler and pay him extra when he still wins the race, u dont change the rules just cause u cant win especially when ur the one runnin the track...yal should just be happy that he races there some and brings fans to the track but instead ur trying to run him off...... i guess if you lease the track , and spent 10 times more money than he does and you still cant outrun him change the rules, what a dam joke.

Well Ga racer once again you are on here talking about something you know nutn about. They are doing this race cause they want to and others would like the chance to run the big spoiler. It has nutn to do with what you are claiming. But i guess it is easy to sit in the stands and guess on everything you post on here about NGS and this goes for Nuff Said also. If you think either of you know so much and how to run things why dont both of yall grow some balls and go to Kieth Ellis and tell him what you think you know and how youre so called ideas to run the show are so great. I am most postive he will listen to both of yall not saying that yall will like the out come but grow balls and go to him if you have a issue with how things are ran and what is done at the track dnt get on here and talk crap and hide behind a password or a keyboard. Let youre self be seen and heard. And if The Ellis family are doing such a bad job as you say and you can do better well then pull youre money out and show us how it is done then. Cause i dnt think you were stepping up with no money or anything else to open the track back up. The Ellis family stepped up when nobodty else did and gave us a great place to race and a local place for fans to come watch. So either grow them balls and go talk to the man or stay at home and keep youre opinons to youreself unless you are 100 percent on what you are talking about.......... Folks like you are the ones that mess up a good track and cause drama at tracks when people read what you post and dnt understand you dnt know what you are talking about half the time when you do post it. Stop the drama and enjoy the races or speak up in person to the rite person and not on here. Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

badacefaist19
07-25-2011, 03:07 PM
is this rule gonna be in effect for the 5k to win? surely not

ga racer
07-25-2011, 03:27 PM
chevyboy your an idiot if u think this was changed for any other reason,i could care less what your opinion is because what i wrote is the facts theres not another race track in the country that lets open motors run a 12 inch spoiler, its just like i said they should be happy hes there because he puts buts in the seats but no they wanna change the rules in the middle of the season just because of him, i would be embarrased if i was them to say the least. the sad part is it really dont matter he can out run that bunch with a 5 horse power briggs and stratton strapped to the front bumper.....

99dirt
07-25-2011, 03:47 PM
It is a unsanctioned race. And no the spoiler rule is not in effect for that race. And for u ga racer Ronnie will not be there saturday. It is for this week only!

ga racer
07-25-2011, 04:02 PM
is that the way a PR person for the track should talk to people, calling them gay, really. go get em 99 maybe you can get that win since RJ is going to TST.

99dirt
07-25-2011, 04:10 PM
is that the way a PR person for the track should talk to people, calling them gay, really. go get em 99 maybe you can get that win since RJ is going to TST.

sorry ga racer

badacefaist19
07-25-2011, 04:34 PM
cool. hope that 5k show gets some good cars. lucas is off that night and should be good. hope the track is like it was for the ray cook race on monday

drflavio309
07-25-2011, 04:37 PM
Ga racer, this is a one time thing, not a rule change as you were so quick to shoot off at the mouth about, it has nothing to do with rJ, it was just an idea to create a little excitement, one night only ...... to hear you tell it the rules were changed to stop RJ, have you been drinkin? that coolaid and everclear is going to your head.....

the dr.

nuff said
07-25-2011, 04:41 PM
chevyboy,all I said was the rule change was odd IN MY OPINION,did you get that ?It's ''MY'' OPINION. I don't see where I have told anyone how to run North Ga. in my post.
As for balls,no problem here.Jim Exum 828-835-6016,take that and run with it.
I'm glad the track is open and wish it nothing but success.There are a few idiot N. Ga. posters that do nothing to help the track.And yes you are one of those IN MY OPINION of course.

RacedudeGa
07-25-2011, 04:49 PM
WTF does it matter why they are changing the spoiler rule for this one race? It's their money, so they can make whatever changes they want. If people dont like it they dont have to race there.

as someone else said, either grow a set and go talk to the person who is putting up the money to keep the track open or dig down in ur own pocket and put your money where ur f**king mouth is or SHUT THE F**K UP !!

things like this are why tracks are closing. everyone knows how things should be run except for the ones who are willing to put up their own money. as i said in another thread, where did everyone race during the month of May when the track was closed because the former promoter didnt have the money to keep it open. Be glad that Mr Ellis stepped up to the plate or the track would still be closed.

Superman_Racing
07-25-2011, 05:22 PM
I think just the timing for the event and the fact that it kind of came right after Ronnie came over there and stole the show twice in one week is what IN MY OPINION makes people think its a little odd.

Im glad the Ellis family has stepped up and are putting up the money for NGA to stay open thats wonderful I hope we dont have any other tracks in the area that close. Only comment I have is that everyone keeps saying "you put up the money if you dont like it" and most people would love to have the opportunity to run a race track but they are not blessed financially like some people are to get that opportunity. I am in no way referring to the Ellis family but just because you have the money and put it up doesnt mean you always know what your doing and make the right decisions. Money doesnt automatically make you a genious or anything.

I wish the Ellis family nothing but the best but I wish people would quit saying "If you dont like it you put up the money" knowing most people could never afford it the comment makes no sense to me.

B_K
07-25-2011, 06:32 PM
There are two people on this thread that unless I've missed something, have never posted anything that resembles intelligent....EVER. All they are good for is a good laugh, an occasional head scratch, and to use as a reminder, kids stay in school.

bite me too
07-25-2011, 06:49 PM
I love the fact that RJ is in everybody's head! flippe13r started a thread about him showing up late to avoid inspection and there's been multiple threads about the 12" spoiler...yet, he still kicks a$$ almost weekly no matter where he shows up...late! RJ owns NW GA and MID TN whenever he wants to. Get over it!

garacefan11
07-25-2011, 07:51 PM
It's a little odd but hey, ill be there to see how it goes. Cant wait for that unsanctioned 5k. That could be the start of something good for years to come.

PaperMen
07-25-2011, 08:46 PM
Stack them on there like this and let them go............................:cool:
Lee had no problem with them...:eek:

skinnyracer39
07-25-2011, 09:28 PM
Don't think it will go this far only 12 inches on sides and rear .

rocketdent
07-25-2011, 10:23 PM
I think all supers should run same spoilers like in woO and Lucas. If you want to show up w smaller motor that's your deal. if you can't afford a big motor and want to run supers go ahead. The bodies should alll be the same.

Now w ngs trying to allow a 12 inch spoiler is a good trial deal as with people/racers I've talked to it makes for better side by side racing.
What's wrong w that

I also am happy ellis taking over track. They are a nice family. Some nicest i met in the south. If they didn't take track over everyone be crying that it'd be closed right now. Prob same people complaining on here.

stevo
07-25-2011, 10:28 PM
What race is at TST that RJ will be at ?

PaperMen
07-25-2011, 11:44 PM
I don't see what all the ruckus is.....It's just a one night show sorta like running topless one night. The Fans like seeing something different every once in a while. I honestly don't think this is a permanent deal!!

Razor21
07-26-2011, 12:01 AM
Idk why your all griping I can see there point to see if the spoiler is that big of a factor and more side by side racing! a lot of these guys do have big motors because they race other places and it it super late model. I have nothing against Ronnie I am a fan of him but when North Ga has big races and the series don't allow the spoiler Ronnie don't show up. Ronnie cant do it with a big motor like he used too we have already seen that earlier last year! Ronnie is a hell of a driver but let North Ga run it and see maybe it is drivers wanting to test it and see what they think about it! good call to Mr. Ellis or whoever made this call it will be interesting!

otto9
07-26-2011, 09:52 AM
RJ will be at TST Saturday night for the Southern All Stars Michael Head Jr Memorial race paying $5,400 to win

nuff said
07-26-2011, 11:25 AM
I didn't realize the rule was for 1 night only,I made the incorrect assumption that it was to be from this Saturday forward.I still think it's a little odd but wish them the best.

ga racer
07-26-2011, 02:46 PM
it was for the rest of the year but to defend themselves now they say one night only, why make guys go spend money to build spoilers for one night?

nuff said
07-26-2011, 03:10 PM
At the risk of having my man hood challenged,that was the way I originally interpeted the first post.I have never heard of a 1 night only rule change.

JJinGA
07-26-2011, 03:22 PM
I had just as well stay out of all the fussing on here, but I would bet RJ could run a half blown up crate motor with 12 inch spoiler and still beat all the guys with the big motors. Not slaming other drivers, but has any of the regulars at North GA ever run spoilers that big? I have seen RJ win @ run whatcha brung races and totally dominate.

drflavio309
07-26-2011, 04:46 PM
it was for the rest of the year but to defend themselves now they say one night only, why make guys go spend money to build spoilers for one night?
To show just how wrong you are, I was standing there when Mr. Ellis mentioned it the first time, it was never EVER a season long deal it was a ONE TIME DEAL! I don't know who your getting your info from but you are dead wrong. It was never even mentioned in fun as a permenent rule change it was only to just mess around and see what it was like to see it, it has never been done at NGS so thats why he is trying it.... jeeeez get your facts straight!

the dr.

skinnyracer39
07-26-2011, 05:44 PM
you tell em doc.

garacefan11
07-26-2011, 07:32 PM
word through the grape vine is Ronnie has a big motor...just what i heard. Is that right B_K?

ozzie 35
07-26-2011, 08:38 PM
It doesn't matter what North Georgia does,right or wrong, some know it all is going to bit&# about it.I've said this many times before, be happy the place is running.If you have a gripe about something, then go to the involved people and voice your concern.4M is a place for people to have positive discussions and do a little bench racing, it's not a place to have a negative a$$ bit&# session.No track is perfect,but at least N. GA is trying.

ozzie 35
07-26-2011, 08:42 PM
Stack them on there like this and let them go............................:cool:
Lee had no problem with them...:eek:

Good pic paperman, it looks like Lee ran over a sprint car. Thanks,that pic got the memory going again.

B_K
07-26-2011, 08:48 PM
I'm not totally sure what RJ has. I had heard he had a big Vinson motor at his shop, but was having so much success with the other stuff he was not running it.

ozzie 35
07-26-2011, 08:51 PM
WTF does it matter why they are changing the spoiler rule for this one race? It's their money, so they can make whatever changes they want. If people dont like it they dont have to race there.

as someone else said, either grow a set and go talk to the person who is putting up the money to keep the track open or dig down in ur own pocket and put your money where ur f**king mouth is or SHUT THE F**K UP !!

things like this are why tracks are closing. everyone knows how things should be run except for the ones who are willing to put up their own money. as i said in another thread, where did everyone race during the month of May when the track was closed because the former promoter didnt have the money to keep it open. Be glad that Mr Ellis stepped up to the plate or the track would still be closed.
(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) , I heard dat!!!!

ozzie 35
07-26-2011, 08:52 PM
(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) , I heard dat!!!!

Dam^ sorry, I forgot to write in code

ozzie 35
07-26-2011, 08:57 PM
I love the fact that RJ is in everybody's head! flippe13r started a thread about him showing up late to avoid inspection and there's been multiple threads about the 12" spoiler...yet, he still kicks a$$ almost weekly no matter where he shows up...late! RJ owns NW GA and MID TN whenever he wants to. Get over it!

RJ has been getting to the track late for 35 years, so that aint nothing new.He marches to his own drum.

skinnyracer39
07-26-2011, 09:32 PM
this man is on his own time clock i think.

chrisd4
07-26-2011, 10:35 PM
Thats rt skinney rj is the dale earnhardt of dirt hes the man i dont care who on here says what. i love to watch him race hes so dam fast but i dont no how he does what he does in a car so please can all this horse shtt just stop. look if mr ellis wouldnt have steped up we would be talking bout dixie or boyds maybe cleveland heck guys hes doing the best with what hes got i work there i no lil bout it not much but a lil.mr and mrs ellis are the kind hearted and derek to best darn famliy to be running ngs please lets all just let it work its self out please no more fussing about whos doing what but theres one thing we all agree on that chatt. flash sure is fast o yeah hahahah now got to make sure i didnt misspell a bunch of words here someone just might point it out to me o thanks for that i really do mean it not trying to be smart bout k.:p

racerfan01
07-26-2011, 11:57 PM
The only engines at RJ's shop is a crate525,Vinson Spec Engine,Vinson steel head sportsman engine, and a regular 604 crate engine.

stevo
07-29-2011, 01:00 PM
So if track is wet and cars are a second faster with 4 inches of spoiler then they will say This extra 4 inches makes him faster

rthacker4rj5
07-29-2011, 02:04 PM
people griping on here dont hurt dirt tracks.....mismanagement does. everybody is just looking for someone to blame. if we all listened to EVERYONE on 4m, we would never watch another race. AND YES...RJ IS....THE BEST THERE EVER WAS, IS, AND WILL BE. he knows how to put on a 12 inck spoiler or a 8 ft plexiglass...i dont think anything anyone does can keep him from winning every now and then.

garacefan11
07-29-2011, 04:48 PM
So ill see all you guys out to support NGA tomorrow so you can either bash it or praise sunday morning?

Either way i dont care i just want people in the seats

RayburnBaby
07-29-2011, 08:37 PM
So if track is wet and cars are a second faster with 4 inches of spoiler then they will say This extra 4 inches makes him faster

Ask your wife if 4 more inches makes a difference ;-)

stevo
07-30-2011, 08:06 AM
Yep, if we were talking about wifes it might be,but if track is dry we will see if it does. Another way to tell is make a few laps with 8" then come in and put on 12 " i really don't think it will be that much faster.

JustDirt
07-30-2011, 08:15 AM
If you have ever seen wind tunnel numbers on a SLM, you would know that 1" makes a difference. 4" is off the chart. However, it takes more than just bolting on 4 more inches. You need to go back and adjust the whole setup. We don't run at NG, just saying there is a big difference in 4" of spoiler.

Ford motorsports
07-30-2011, 09:24 AM
There going to find out how stupid of a idea putting a big spoiler on a aluminum motor is. Sad thing is Ronnie isn't coming, to win again!

stevo
07-30-2011, 12:48 PM
Instead of 4 inches i would like to see an open race no rules

stevo
07-31-2011, 11:57 AM
SO NOT FASTER AND TRACK WAS WETTER. tHE THING ABOUT THE WIND TUNNEL IS THE CAR IS NOT MOVING AND ALSO CARS NOT AROUND IT RACING.rj WILL STILL BEAT THEM!