PDA

View Full Version : dirt,dust in helmet,help

grt74
07-24-2011, 08:05 PM
tired of dirt,dust in eyes,need some input from drivers on helmets,what works what doesnt,weve tried 3 or 4 with no luck,thanks

zeke23z
07-24-2011, 08:38 PM
Helmet skirt and closed vents,gets hot though

mullengater
07-24-2011, 09:08 PM
I took a piece of that foam rubber "camper top tape" that you would use as a seal, cut skinny strips of it about 1/4 inch wide, put strips of it around my helmet where the shield didn't fit good. made a good seal around the shield when its closed. made a big improvement. a helmet skirt work also, if you can stand it.

tw50
07-24-2011, 09:25 PM
get a bell helment best sealing face shild on the market

hpmaster
07-24-2011, 09:29 PM
Take your trailer remove car replace with boat, go fishin. Now ya don't need a helmet.

AmickRacing
07-24-2011, 09:47 PM
I'd think running a helmet blower would help by keeping a positive pressure in the helmet and reducing the dirt blowing in. With that you could probably get a helmet skirt too and not suffer with all of the heat.

http://www.fastraceproducts.com/index.php

That place will add it on to any helmet (so they say on their site), and it seems like a reasonable price for their kits.

parocket
07-25-2011, 07:24 AM
helmet blower is the only way to go..it cools and never have a dust issue

grt74
07-25-2011, 03:14 PM
Thanks for the input,called simpson today they said they would resolve the problem,if what they sent doesnt work ill buy a helmet with the blower,but ill have to say after the way they were willing to help on the phone ill have to stick with simpson,its not to many times after you buy a product that they are willing to help in todays world,thanks guys for all the input

joedoozer
07-25-2011, 03:26 PM
Thanks for the input,called simpson today they said they would resolve the problem,if what they sent doesnt work ill buy a helmet with the blower,but ill have to say after the way they were willing to help on the phone ill have to stick with simpson,its not to many times after you buy a product that they are willing to help in todays world,thanks guys for all the input

You might not have a dust problem if you are in first. Something to think about :). Haha

grt74
07-25-2011, 06:42 PM
You might not have a dust problem if you are in first. Something to think about :). Haha

the problem is not being out front but when your lapping everyone else!!!to hp i should have bought a boat it would have been cheeper (but not half as much fun)tthanks again guys for the help and ideas