PDA

View Full Version : how much rear weight is too much

smokey 4 president
07-27-2011, 02:36 PM
If u could deisgn a car to scale right around 3200 and were able to get upwards of 65 to 70 on rear weight, how much is to much, camaro specifically. Don't think about well you couldn't, just put that thought aside. We always seem to want to lighten the car as much as we can, in front especially. Would the car work, especially on entry and through center with lots of rear %?

bushracing67
07-27-2011, 03:39 PM
get much over 55 and ya cant stop the car from spinning out, once the ass starts to go there is no slowing it, it just keeps swinging, often referred to as the pendulum effect

stock car driver
07-27-2011, 05:41 PM
get much over 55 and ya cant stop the car from spinning out, once the ass starts to go there is no slowing it, it just keeps swinging, often referred to as the pendulum effect

That has nothing to do with rear percent numbers that has to do with lead behind the rear axle.

I race with guys that have 650#s in their metric cars. Even 70 lbs behind the rear axle can be felt.. vs that 70lbs being in front of the axle.

Ricky76
07-28-2011, 03:46 PM
Where is the best place to mount the lead to get forward bite and also be able to get in the turns ?

stock car driver
07-28-2011, 04:09 PM
I NEVER put any behind my rear axle. High and left is good if you dont have a lot. If youve got 5-600 like a lot of the newer cars around me good luck, lol.