PDA

View Full Version : Chevelle vs Impala Clip

aaallstar
07-27-2011, 03:16 PM
I run an 02 Jet Impala Clip Car convertered to 4 bar j bar pull bar set up and been running for about a year getting better and better. I would just like to know if getting a more newer chevelle clip car would be to my benefit. Everyone who I run with is running chevelle clip cars and I would just like to know what advantages or dis advantages I would be looking at with #1 a four bar designed car and # 2 the chevelle clip. Really I want to know if it would help me be faster or not?

washeduptoo
07-27-2011, 03:52 PM
That would be hard to answer, but newer should have a better front and rear design and might be lighter. I think the impala clip is heavier than chevelle clip. Good luck

johnny v
07-27-2011, 06:36 PM
That would be hard to answer, but newer should have a better front and rear design and might be lighter. I think the impala clip is heavier than chevelle clip. Good luck

I agree, lighter and straighter..IMHO.... cars take a pounding on the RF and tend to "settle" there..... removing LR.... they also gain a few pounds over the years.....

Theories on chassis dynamics also change.....MOST newer cars are a bunch lighter so you can add weight were you need it (to make the car handle better) and meet the minimum weight of your rules package..... Old cars tend to have "built in weight", so then when you need to go up on , say your Left side %, you have to ADD weight, instead of MOVE weight..... big difference....