View Full Version : Prp stars...

Thedirtslinger
07-31-2011, 02:06 AM
1st Hot Rod Conley led all 40 lps
2nd Josh Mcguire
3rd Eddie Jr
4th Casbolt
track was fast ,had about a 1 hr rain delay 30 cars on hand
4b Boggs had a tire go down and didnt return ,T Dohm had flat near end of race running 3rd All in all a great night of racing .
This was my first trip to PRP and was really impressed...

Jody Shannon
07-31-2011, 02:37 AM
Eddie finished 2nd at the line..

Dirt Frog
07-31-2011, 08:19 AM
1st Hot Rod Conley led all 40 lps
2nd Josh Mcguire
3rd Eddie Jr
4th Casbolt
track was fast ,had about a 1 hr rain delay 30 cars on hand
4b Boggs had a tire go down and didnt return ,T Dohm had flat near end of race running 3rd All in all a great night of racing .
This was my first trip to PRP and was really impressed...

RJ Conley won !!!!!!!!!
Not Rod

Thedirtslinger
07-31-2011, 10:27 AM
Sry for the mis information i posted i am not from that area and not sure who is who for the most part and yes Jody the 28 was credited with 2nd and 41 -3rd Congrats to RJ for the WIN last night he ran a great race

71PRPFan
07-31-2011, 11:39 AM
Best race I've seen in a long time at PRP. Thanks to mother nature for really watering the track. Hopefully PRP's crew will know what to do next race

InADirtFog
07-31-2011, 01:36 PM
Actually, the track was faster before the rain. It was in great shape last night.

flash49
07-31-2011, 02:32 PM
One of the best races I have ever seen at Portsmouth. Even before the rain, the track was in great shape. My only problem is the format that starts the fastest cars up front all night. Does anyone doubt that RJ, Boggs, T. Dohm, Carrier, McGuire would have been able to win that 40 lapper from from almost any position on the starting grid. While the up-front racing was great, it would have been much more fun seeing those guys come up through the field and then battling it out to the checkered. Kudos to the track crew and the drivers. Hope to make it back later in the season.

InADirtFog
07-31-2011, 05:15 PM
Isn't that kinda like punishing the best drivers cause the others aren't as good? It reminds me of giving kids rewards for losing. Just my opinion.

Jonezy
07-31-2011, 06:03 PM
Mcguire started 9th and casebolt started way back and they both came to the front quick

One of the best races I have ever seen at Portsmouth. Even before the rain, the track was in great shape. My only problem is the format that starts the fastest cars up front all night. Does anyone doubt that RJ, Boggs, T. Dohm, Carrier, McGuire would have been able to win that 40 lapper from from almost any position on the starting grid. While the up-front racing was great, it would have been much more fun seeing those guys come up through the field and then battling it out to the checkered. Kudos to the track crew and the drivers. Hope to make it back later in the season.

flash49
07-31-2011, 07:37 PM
Isn't that kinda like punishing the best drivers cause the others aren't as good? It reminds me of giving kids rewards for losing. Just my opinion.

Our sport is called auto racing, not auto qualifying. Also one sees too many wins from the front row when the fast qualifiers start up front all night. Doing a slight invert in the heats or a redraw for the feature promotes better racing for the fans. Racers are supposed to be able to race, just like Casebolt and McGuire last night. I like to see the driver's earn their victory. Clearly, RJ earned his victory last night with all the heat behind him, but if you think one quick lap is the be all and end all of determining who the best drivers are, so be it. Great show, weak format.

throwin dirt 17
07-31-2011, 09:07 PM
Our sport is called auto racing, not auto qualifying. Also one sees too many wins from the front row when the fast qualifiers start up front all night. Doing a slight invert in the heats or a redraw for the feature promotes better racing for the fans. Racers are supposed to be able to race, just like Casebolt and McGuire last night. I like to see the driver's earn their victory. Clearly, RJ earned his victory last night with all the heat behind him, but if you think one quick lap is the be all and end all of determining who the best drivers are, so be it. Great show, weak format.

I hate people that think this way, if people actually worked on these cars and devoted all their time to their racecar, maybe they wouldn't feel like you do. btw... The
heat winners redrew last night...

71PRPFan
07-31-2011, 10:44 PM
Actually, the track was faster before the rain. It was in great shape last night.

I'm sure it was, I got there when it was raining. It's always good for the heats, but it's usually slick, 1 groove by the a main. They run the water truck out there to pack to pack the top side but no water.

Dpenn27
08-01-2011, 12:02 AM
Was wondering if any knows what the final ruling was on casebolts finishing position since he never crossed the finish line?

00Hdmn
08-01-2011, 07:09 AM

Thats why you have your UFO series and you can keep it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jody Shannon
08-01-2011, 10:21 AM
I wish UFO would run around here once in awhile.

flash49
08-01-2011, 06:50 PM
Thats why you have your UFO series and you can keep it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you, I will, some of the best shows I've ever seen were UFO races. I'll watch just about anything that races, just personally prefer the more fan-friendly formats, not those that cater to the drivers. But I attend them all.

flash49
08-01-2011, 06:54 PM
I hate people that think this way, if people actually worked on these cars and devoted all their time to their racecar, maybe they wouldn't feel like you do. btw... The
heat winners redrew last night...

Big deal, they redrew the top three spots. Well, I'm a race fan, and I feel the way a fan feels. What may be more appealiing to drivers and car owners may not be so appealing to me. But, as I said, I attend the races weekly, both at my local tracks and out of town, and regardless of format, will enjoy the show.