PDA

View Full Version : dirt teck help

scottracer
07-31-2011, 08:00 PM
hey racers need some help, looking for any information you can give on a dirt teck chassis, lookin at purchasing a used one and dont know anything about them, looks like a good car , but can anyone help me. Thanks

ferd
08-01-2011, 08:50 AM
For what it's worth, you can scroll down to my question "Checking a used chassis" where a few people had a few pointers. LOL, there were more answers to the question about what color a chassis should be!

From researching this since my question, looks like you can get a good feel about how good a car is by how it's presented to you -- if it's clean (not rusty) and has good welds and superficial damage at worst. It helps if you've seen how well the car performs in actual races. A recent model year car, or car with recent updates, may be better than a car over seven years old. If you buy a chassis that is popular at the track(s) you'll race then you can get help and pointers more easily.

Racer63
08-01-2011, 03:00 PM
Call Moe Defino. MD1 racecars. 443-867-5125 I believe his cars are similar if not the same. I think he bought the jigs from Jay Dee Supply when they quit building the cars. He can set you straight one way or the other.