PDA

View Full Version : Silver dollar Nationals II Update

kearney
08-01-2011, 04:44 PM
Silver Dollar Nationals II Update

First, the Owners of I-80 Speedway would like to thank all the drivers, crews and fans for making the Silver Dollar Nationals a great event. It simply would not have been possible without your support.

Secondly, we would like to apologize to all those who have been waiting for word on the possibility of a Silver Dollar Nationals II. We initially said we would make an announcement last Tuesday but we simply did not have enough information to do so. There are many questions still to be answered if possible; race date, sanctioning bodies, sponsorship, etc.

We are certainly interested in holding another Silver Dollar Nationals and would prefer the same weekend, the same format, the same rules, and the same two classes of cars if possible. We just need to gather more information before making any kind of announcement.

Last Friday, Joe Kosiski went to Wheatland, Missouri to meet with officials of both, the Lucas Oil Series and the Midwest Late Model Racing Association (MLRA), as well as Forrest Lucas about the Late Model portion of the Silver Dollar Nationals. As many of you know, Todd Staley and the United States Modified Touring Series (USMTS) were busy in Minnesota with the World Modified Championships all last week, so we have not been able to have any discussion with Todd.

We are continuing to work through these many issues and ask for your patience and understanding as we do so. When we have gathered the necessary information to make a further announcement on Silver Dollar Nationals II, we will certainly do so.

BirkyTime15B
08-01-2011, 04:48 PM
Thanks for the update, looking forward to next year already!!! First time there, but will be back many more times now!!!

fryefan
08-01-2011, 09:11 PM
Silver Dollar Nationals II Update

First, the Owners of I-80 Speedway would like to thank all the drivers, crews and fans for making the Silver Dollar Nationals a great event. It simply would not have been possible without your support.

Secondly, we would like to apologize to all those who have been waiting for word on the possibility of a Silver Dollar Nationals II. We initially said we would make an announcement last Tuesday but we simply did not have enough information to do so. There are many questions still to be answered if possible; race date, sanctioning bodies, sponsorship, etc.

We are certainly interested in holding another Silver Dollar Nationals and would prefer the same weekend, the same format, the same rules, and the same two classes of cars if possible. We just need to gather more information before making any kind of announcement.

Last Friday, Joe Kosiski went to Wheatland, Missouri to meet with officials of both, the Lucas Oil Series and the Midwest Late Model Racing Association (MLRA), as well as Forrest Lucas about the Late Model portion of the Silver Dollar Nationals. As many of you know, Todd Staley and the United States Modified Touring Series (USMTS) were busy in Minnesota with the World Modified Championships all last week, so we have not been able to have any discussion with Todd.

We are continuing to work through these many issues and ask for your patience and understanding as we do so. When we have gathered the necessary information to make a further announcement on Silver Dollar Nationals II, we will certainly do so.

I attended the event and it was wonderful. The most important thing (in talking with other fans) is that you do not change the format. NO time trials please.

BirkyTime15B
08-01-2011, 09:38 PM
Agreed, i only came for the final night, but was really bummed i didnt come for both nights, if it changed to the "traditional" format i would only attend the final night, will be there for the whole thing next year if it is left unchanged!!!