PDA

View Full Version : Some tuning advice.

Hagen14t
08-01-2011, 10:20 PM
Hey guys, i have a couple questions. My car is hammer down very fast when the track has some moisture to it, even when its spotty and has something to hook on too. When the track gets slicker as it has been later in the summer, i am good getting into the corner. But the car doesnt seem to rotate very well in the middle and it messes up the corner and i cant get no drive off. So im tight in the middle and very loose gettin off, just in the slick though. Tryin to be easy on the gas and doesnt seem to help. Just wondering what you guys think. 550 lf 600 rf 225 lr 175 rr springs. new shocks. 22 degrees pull bar angle. all rod angles and stuff seem to be what the car builder wants. tried shortening up the right rear wheel base but ran out of adjustment. Just wondering what you guys think.

hpontap
08-02-2011, 03:41 AM
Do you decrease your rear stagger when it slicks off?
Try dropping the RU bar 1 hole on the chassis.

Toywagon
08-02-2011, 09:09 AM
On entry, when you feel like your getting into the corner good, is the car staying up and over on the right side/right front, or does it drop down off the bars. If your falling down off the bars you are losing all of your rear steer, and you will pick up a throttle push even if you try to get back to the throttle easier. Usually a driver will shake the car loose to get it to turn when this happens which gives you alot of tire spin trying to get off the corner.

Jim

Hagen14t
08-02-2011, 02:38 PM
Yeah that seems exactly like what its doing. Not staying on the right side. I watch the guys ahead of me and they all seem to be able to keep layed over all the time, and my car doesnt seem to do that. What do you think i should do?