PDA

View Full Version : COMP Cams Super Dirt Series Set for Malden & I-30 Speedway

Ben Shelton
08-02-2011, 02:13 PM
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
August 2nd, 2011

COMP Cams Super Dirt Series Set for Malden & I-30 Speedway

Beebe, Arkansas (08/02/11) – As the summer heat continues to sizzle so does the battle for the COMP Cams Super Dirt Series (CCSDS) championship, and this weekend, August 5th-6th, that tight battle will roll into Malden Speedway (Malden, Missouri) and I-30 Speedway (Little Rock, Arkansas).

Fresh off a swing through northern Louisiana and southern Arkansas the point's battle atop the COMP Cams Super Dirt Series (CCSDS) is tighter than ever as Kyle Beard leads Jon Mitchell by just three points, while Brandon Smith and Johnny Virden are dead-locked for third, just 21 markers removed from the lead. Jon Kirby, Curtis Cook, Shane Harris, Dewaine Hottinger, Ian Samuel, and Bill Frye round out the top ten in the current standings.

The Kuntz & Co. Rookie of the Year battle continues to see Vilonia, Arkansas' driver, Curtis Cook, creep away from the competition with Shane Harris, Ian Samuel, and Keith Lawson rounding out the standings..

This weekend's races will also serve as the final two Ricetec Summer Series events as Brandon Smith leads the way over Billy Moyer Jr., Jon Kirby, Jeff Floyd, and Curtis Cook. The Ricetec Summer Series Champion will receive $1,000 cash, while second in the standings will receive four shock rebuilds from Integra Shocks & Springs, and third place will be awarded a free driveshaft, courtesy of Fast Shafts. For more information on Ricetec and what it can do for your crops, please visit www.RiceTec.com.

This Friday, August 5th, the CCSDS will make their second trip of the 2011 campaign to Malden Speedway (Malden, Missouri) for a $2,000-to-win/$300-to-start, 35 lap event on the 1/4 mile oval. The tour's first appearance at the facility earlier this year saw Wendell Wallace claim the win. All local divisions will be in action on the program. Adult grandstand admission is $20 with kids under the age of 12 free. Pit passes are $30. Racing action is slated for 7:30pm. For more information on the event, please visit www.MaldenSpeedway.com .

On Saturday night, August 6th, the series will invade Tracey Clay's I-30 Speedway (Little Rock, Arkansas) for a $2,000-to-win/$400-to-start, 35 lap event. The series' first visit to the 1/4 mile oval was rained out earlier this year, so this will be the lone chance for the CCSDS drivers to claim bragging rights at the facility. IMCA Open Wheel Modifieds, Super Stocks, and 600cc Mini Sprints will also be on the program. Gates open at 5pm with racing action at 7:30pm. For more information, please visit www.I-30Speedway.com.

The COMP Cams Super Dirt Series is sponsored by and would like to thank all of their sponsors including- COMP Cams, Hoosier Racing Tires, Kuntz & Company, RacingJunk.com, Larry Shaw Race Cars, Quarter Master, GRT Race Cars, Rocket Chassis, Woodco, Inc., JFR Graphics, RiceTec, ROCKHARD Powdercoat, Inc., Mark Martin Auto Group , NEA Supergas, MSR Mafia.com Marketing Services, Tobacco Town Inc., Racing Head Service, Boomland, BSB Manufacturing, Five Star Bodies, Boston's Restaurant and Sports Bar Pizza, speedliquidators.com, Schoenfeld Headers, Powerhouse Products, and FSR Racing Products.

For the latest information on the COMP Cams Super Dirt Series, please visit www.COMPDirt.com .