PDA

View Full Version : rough track tips

jrkracing54
08-03-2011, 11:17 AM
What are you guys doing to your cars to run through the rough? I don't need the "go around the holes" response. I'm talking about complete crap racetrack. I don't plan to run there any more than I have to but I've been terrible there and in the rough all around. Hopefully they will get the track figured out soon but until then I guess I should try and figure it out or at least be prepared. Thanks for any help in advance. John 1*

dualdj1
08-03-2011, 12:30 PM
gas shocks are good help for rough, starting at 150psi and up.

jedclampit
08-03-2011, 01:15 PM
On a shock behind deal put a heavy spring in the lr 275-300 and up your rf by 50-75 #.
Keep bar angles low on the lr upper and panhard.You don't want alot of indexing into rear springs, position bars as such.Max rebound dampning and gas pressure in your shocks and beadlock rims. Trailing the rr a good bit can help to keep the car turning. Pull your belts tight , toss you nutsack over your shoulder and stand on it...lol.

jrkracing54
08-03-2011, 02:14 PM
Do you space out the right rear or even right front any? Seems like that would help alot. I don't get why you tie down the rebound on the shocks? Or do I have that backwards? Which would make more sense to me.

zeroracing
08-03-2011, 06:51 PM
True shocks are made where the compression controls the unsprung weight and the rebound controls the ride of the car and it's contact patch. Racers like us use them as timing devices and all sorts of things, but as far as pure ride goes,a shocks true rebound is to control the body movement and smooth the ride for the passengers.

grt74
08-03-2011, 06:59 PM
we run the same setup starting everywhere but if we see its rough we go down on the j bar at the frame a little more air in the rr and stand on it hard, most of the time when its rough there is a lot of traction