PDA

View Full Version : davis traction

clm15
08-04-2011, 08:19 PM
My question is with this set up how do you turn the car with the gas pedal, Its been harder to stay in front with it turned on then with it turned off. I think its doing to good of a job,maybe to good.

Graff Spee
08-04-2011, 08:46 PM
I would say change driving style and or set up. Does it really help you? I have wondered if it really made a differance.

TCmod
08-04-2011, 09:58 PM
Learn how to drive a modified and take it out...

charcoal01
08-04-2011, 11:18 PM
Exactly..... Stop cheating and use some real talent

Egoracing
08-05-2011, 07:08 AM
I would say change driving style and or set up. Does it really help you? I have wondered if it really made a differance.

One mag did a test several years ago with a GREEN driver a driver that had a little over a year and a professional driver in a dirt late model. The drivers did not know if it was on or off when they were on the track and out of all of tests they found to the GREEN driver it did not make ANY difference and his times were all over. The Middle driver is made a slight difference but not consistently and the WOO driver actually had his slowest laps when it was on. The only thing that was not posted was the engine combo in the car.
I thought it was pretty interesting because I know of one driver that tried it on an asphalt car and running 10 lap sessions he was always just a little slower running the unit.

mbaker76
08-05-2011, 08:36 AM
If you have to use the gas to turn the car, you need fix that problem first. You'll pick up more speed that way than you will with traction control.

ep33510
08-05-2011, 09:02 AM
clm15

My question is with this set up how do you turn the car with the gas pedal?

Short answer, you need to get the car to turn center off. Then you need to understand that hammering the throttle with a Davis unit is not the way to go. The problem is the timing will be pulled out of the engine to slow down the rate of climb. So you need to practice being … Smooth …. with the throttle during acceleration to keep the corrections made manageable. And with getting the car to turn from center off will allow you to take full advantage of the unit. You need to keep in mind these are not Zero to Hero devices, like any changes made to a racing platform you need to make adjustments to the platform & have the driver modify their driving style. Also the smoother you are with a Davis unit the more advantage you have to play with. For those in the audience listening you can beat a Davis unit, you need to force the driver to use the throttle harder than they want to. Also a Green/White checker they Can Not go Hammer down say after a yellow flag or the Davis unit will pull down the motor too much. Just some thoughts I hope it helps you out.

Pat Collins

TechWest Racing Services

rubbinsracin
08-05-2011, 09:43 AM
i have always been under the assumption that it would work its best on a super slick track when you are trying to keep the car as straight as possible or on pavement where you are also trying to keep the car straight. maybe my logic is completely wrong tho...

ep33510
08-05-2011, 03:59 PM
To answer all the pm's coming in, No we do not sell Davis Traction Control. But we do build and sell TRACS the alternative to traction control. www.techwestracing.com/page20.html . Thank you for the questions sent if there are others I would be happy to try and answer them for you.

Pat Collins

TechWest Racing Services
704-995-4286

clm15
08-05-2011, 04:45 PM
We dont have one.But I have herd that guys with them dont like it because they cant turn the car with the gas. Our tracks are mostly hammer down and tacky. But a few tracks we travel to get slick as ice. Thats why I question this.
I know of many of these units,and some guys love them and some hate them. One guy says Cheaters always win! Thats funny. Well till they get caught.

rthornton20rt
08-05-2011, 05:18 PM
bud or bill?

clm15
08-06-2011, 06:28 PM
cathy why you ask cope!