PDA

View Full Version : Elkins results?

1mcfan
08-05-2011, 09:33 PM
As soon as anyone gets them please update me, thanks.

BlackSheepCo1
08-05-2011, 10:28 PM
I know Jacob Hawkins set fast time, Devin Friese won the 1st heat.from outside the front row & Hawkins finished 2nd. Nothing on 2nd heat, Dalton was leading 3rd heat over Booper Bare last I heard but the.race was not over, Redraw for the dash to come

BlackSheepCo1
08-05-2011, 10:37 PM
There has been a couple of delays due to rain

BlackSheepCo1
08-05-2011, 10:55 PM
Another rain storm moved in before the dash, called it a night will finish the program next Friday. Dalton & Bare front row.... Hawkins and Friese on back row unsure maybe Robbie Scott in second row.don't know other car and not sure about Robbie

Harper00HFan
08-05-2011, 11:34 PM
I say a Big thank you to Anthony for all the hard work he put in for this Jim Hitt memorial.But other than that not much to say about the racing cars in the rain.

dusty rose
08-07-2011, 05:42 PM
I say a Big thank you to Anthony for all the hard work he put in for this Jim Hitt memorial.But other than that not much to say about the racing cars in the rain.

Yeah! What's up with waiting till midnight to cancel the race? Oh, and are the arm bands good for next weeks double header? Hate to think my friends and I spent $90 entry fees to watch hot laps in the rain not to mention the price of food. :(

dirttrackin13
08-07-2011, 06:02 PM
yeah they said the arm bands were good for next week and next week only... I don't understand them not starting everything over.... they never finished everything because the dash was never ran so it should be just a new line up. If they run double shows with good weather they will be serving breakfast in the stands before its over... they pushed the show on fri to get to the point tryin to start the features so there would be no rainchecks you could see that by the way they were running cars on a track that wouldn't of been fit for a four wheeler.... I know out of the 7 people that went with me i'm the only one going back this weekend....

let-r-eat
08-07-2011, 06:26 PM
Never knock a promoter who is trying to get a race in!!!!!!!!!! Elkins has done a fantastic job this year. Keep up the good work! Its these cry baby never-gonna-be satisfied race fans that just need to stay home. Your friends aren't coming back because it rained and the racetrack done everything it could to try to get it in for those that drove a long ways to see a race? Shame on the rain!!

Harper00HFan
08-07-2011, 06:59 PM
Are you sure they are honoring arm bands I would say double features you will pay?

dirttrackin13
08-07-2011, 07:18 PM
They said they would be good for next week only is what they said on the grandstand side when they called it. I am for the track to get it in as much as the next guy and I'm not a cry baby fan at all but anyone that was there they lost the race track a long time before that last storm came when they finally called it. There is a fine line for any promoter no doubt, but there was a green flag dropped on a few races that never should of been cause the track wasn't ready......

00Hcrew
08-07-2011, 07:29 PM
this is on there web page General Admission is $10.00 AND the pits is $25.00

wv45
08-07-2011, 09:22 PM
I will tell you this , they should reschedule the ufo race to another date, if they are gonna charge us for another race, that is the biggest rip off there is, they need to start over and redo the whole thing for this week or have a rain date for that show, you all ready have our money, if you charge for another race the same night i know of alot of people that will never be back.THINK ABOUT THIS.

T-Mac#39
08-08-2011, 07:25 AM
You have the same fans/drivers complaining every week, they will never be happy no matter what. I think they did all they could to try to get the show in.. You people are bitching about paying to get in this Friday, they are having the rained out features, PLUS a whole new show..That's why it's called double features, all the other tracks charges when they have to have double features.. GREAT JOB TO ELKINS SPEEDWAY FOR TRYING!!!

valleyvoice
08-08-2011, 10:12 AM
You are dead on, TMac; I don't think there's ever been a promoter's decision that was universally approved. The compromise decision to finish the Hitt Memorial program this coming Friday in addition to the regularly-scheduled program featuring $1000-to-win for the FASTRAK class was mutually agreed upon by the race promoter, the track promoter, and the track manager. The final announcement made was that no rain checks would be honored, so for your $10 general admission you'll get the finish of the Hitt Memorial (LM dash and consi, and five features) plus the full program scheduled for this week. We're hoping for a break in the weather this week, and to fill the hillside even more than this past week.

WVRACEFAN
08-08-2011, 04:47 PM
I was at Elkins friday & I will agree they did do all they could to get the race in, but I do think they should honor the arm bands in some way. I know that was one of the biggest crowds I have ever seen at Elkins & I believe all those people who sat patiently in the rain & bought concessions deserve better treatment. I always thought that it was a complete show when all the qualifying races are complete. Well they didnt complete the B mains or the dash.

dirttrackin13
08-08-2011, 05:39 PM
I always thought that it was a complete show when all the qualifying races are complete. Well they didnt complete the B mains or the dash.

That was my thoughts too, but everyone decided I was a crybaby fan on here complaining... I have been on both sides on the stand side and in the pits and have drove too. All the drivers and car owners never got paid when they were there did they there was no features ran but if you come pay to get in again next week then you can get paid... and as far as the fans we would like to thank all of you for sitting here in the rain with us this week. Come back next week and pay us to watch the rest of it.... There was never a feature on the track and as far as the racing that did happen there was no racing too it there was no race track to race on. I have been going racing all my life and never saw that much racing in the rain. You can say all you want that Elkins ran that much of the show for the fans and drivers to get it in, but what it amounts too is NO RAINCHECKS. Has no one else ever been to a track before that busted there a*s when rain was close to get a feature on the track so they could call it. If you haven't u must be racing somewhere dry without rain. If they ran the complete show over they could have a chance to pick up even more supers for the show. Maybe some guys running the 3 state flyers race at Roaring Knob sat, but no driver is going to come watch a 5000 to win race to run another race at 2 in the morning for 1500 to win.

dusty rose
08-08-2011, 06:51 PM
I have to agree with you guys. I don't have a problem paying the extra $10 to see a double feature with the show of my last weeks armband, but I don't think it is fair that "JOE BLOW" can show up this Friday night and pay only $10 to watch a show that I paid a total of $25 to see. If you don't have last weeks armband then charge them the same $25. JMO

First Beer
08-08-2011, 09:48 PM
I applaud Mac, Anthony and the entire crew for even trying to get the show in. It seems to me to ONLY sticking point is the dash and consi. All other class features were set. The Late Models were set except the three from the six car consi. That pretty much constitutes a 'full' program.