PDA

View Full Version : falcon or bert ???????

widcard22
08-06-2011, 10:44 AM
Opinions on buying a new falcon or a used bert? Good points an bad....thanks Slw

dirttrackrocker
08-06-2011, 11:34 AM
They are both good. The Falcon (and Brinn) is the same length as a Saginaw, the Bert is shorter. I have been told a Bert takes a couple of special tools to rebuild and they Falcon and Brinn don't.

stunner
08-06-2011, 02:48 PM
Brinns are a superior trans. Get yourself one and maintain it and it will shift good and last you 4-6 years before needing overhaul

racin6mod
08-06-2011, 02:51 PM
spend your money on a bert or a brinn. they all have good and bad points the bert is the small block chevy of the dirt race trany world so you can get parts at most race shops.the brinn is the best but it cost more and has a higher resell value so even used once cost 900 plus.the falcon is cheeper for a reason.

I've rebuilt all three here at my shop and know guy's that run each brand with no problems.

dirttrackrocker
08-07-2011, 06:48 AM
I agree the extra money for the Brinn is worth it. I got mine for $750.00 freshly rebuilt ( a steal) If I was to sell it now I could probably get $900 - $1000 for it. They hold their value well.

Jake08
08-07-2011, 07:59 AM
I have fresh falcon 0 nights since fresh $750 and a bert ballspline $950 2174302277

coleman63
08-29-2011, 09:48 PM
Really like the Falcons. Mine has 4 years on it and still works great, my friend has 4 years on his and no problems.

smirk
09-05-2011, 11:45 AM
I got a used Brinn works perfect for sale $750 with alum shifter. 507-254-8282

speaker56
09-05-2011, 02:34 PM
I have had all three makes. Started with a Brinn and had absolutely no issues but it was had like 7 years on it so we sold it with a car. When we ordered the new car we decided to try a falcon because they were cheaper than the Brinn and Bert. The first year we had these had to put clutches in and a couple other issues. The second year was still having some issues so we got rid of them. At this time a lot of people were switching to the Bert ballspline saying that they were the way to go so we purchased one. Couldn't tell any difference in performance between the ballspline and a regular slip yoke. Never had any issues with the Bert ballspline other than it is a lot more maintenance than a Brinn as far as having to take the ballspline part apart and check the balls and grease. Our ballspline was in the car in 06 and 07 so it was the old design. The new design appears to be a little easier to take care of. Can't comment on a regular Bert as I have never had one but would guess it would perform as well as a Brinn. For the money in my opinion a Brinn is the way to go that is what is back in our car now. Change the tranny grease every time you change engine oil or about every 150 laps and don't abuse the clutches in low or reverse and the Brinn will last you several years. Good Luck