PDA

View Full Version : how much rear end lead

motorsports12
08-06-2011, 10:59 AM
how much is too much rear end lead / or too little - i am running a camaro clip car on leaf springs and currently it has about 3/4" lead (left side measures 3/4" shorter than the right) is this too much or too little - on a tacky track the car handles ok but dry slick i get no front end grip - pushes like a bulldozer

motorsports12
08-13-2011, 11:49 PM
ok so here is the thing - we moved the rearend back to where it was pretty even - ran hot laps and heat race and the car felt somewhat loose - during the feature i hit the wall which knocked the rearend back to the measurement i stated in the first post or more and the car handled pretty good - so i guess i am asking the question again - how much lead do you put into the rearend left side to right side - i know what someone is going to post "if it ran better leave it" but i just want to know what a good starting point is and lock it down

stock car driver
08-14-2011, 09:23 AM
1st lead or trail is usually talking about the rr location.

your TRAILING the rr and asking about trailing it.

That should free you up and make the car drive towards the wall on exit. It seems lots of guys around me like that, as Im constantly looking at their lf tires and door numbers when Im behind them before I drive by.

I like my car to drive straight. So that would be SQUARE in the car or Lead the rr to compensate a little for stagger.

I messed with a leaf car I built for 1.5 years, If I lead the rr much it 3 wheeled constantly so I ended up square. LEAD is rr forward that Im talking about.

fyi- I wish I could get that 1.5 years of wasted time on leafs back. My coil car was faster the first day out.