PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Cell Size

joedoozer
08-06-2011, 11:51 AM
I currently have a massive fuel tank in my car. It as wide as the frame of the car, so I can't move it at all. I am going to buy a new cell, 22 gallons. And I am trying to decide what shape to get.

Would you rather have a

Tall narrow cell that you can move 17" side to side, but not up and down. And having some of the weight below the roll center.

Or

Shorter wider cell that you can only move 9" side to side but 12" up and down. Having all the weight above the roll center.

jedclampit
08-06-2011, 11:54 AM
Shorter wider cell that you can only move 9" side to side but 12" up and down. Having all the weight above the roll center.

joedoozer
08-06-2011, 12:03 PM
I was thinking the same thing. Everything is shifted to the right in the car, and I have a bunch of lead on the RR. And my left side % is 53.5. I am going to scale the car next week and put 15 gallons of fuel on the rear deck. And slide it to the right and see what it does to the %.

hpmaster
08-06-2011, 02:30 PM
I went to an RJS 22 gallon this year. I am going by memory but I think its 9 1/2 tall by 30 long by like 18 wide. Modified the chassis so I could get the cell forward to the rear axle centerline and up as high as I could. Played around with left and right percentages found very little change so I went very slightly right. Seems to help in turning and burn off doesn't seem to affect car as much. Car is like 70 lbs lighter too. Really wish some one would make a 20 or 22 gallon sorta like the "L" shaped Fuel Safe 30 gallon cell. Now I think that would be just about perfect.