PDA

View Full Version : DLM SUPER NATIONALS Wythe Raceway labor day weekend. Supers and crates!

FASTRAKPR
08-06-2011, 01:32 PM
Wythe Raceway hosts “Dirt Late Model SUPER NATIONALS” double header Sept 2nd and 3rd.

The super speedway at Wythe Raceway, Rural Retreat VA will host the first annual “Dirt Late Model SUPER NATIONALS” Labor Day Weekend. Formerly known as the Pro Late Model Nationals featuring crate late models the event has now become the Dirt Late Model SUPER NATIONALS hosting both crate late models and super late models as well. The weekend will feature double headers for both classes having features for crate and super late models both nights. The weekend will include almost $60,000 in purse monies to be distributed among the teams.

“This is going to be an exciting weekend of dirt late model racing” stated Fred Brown owner of Wythe. “The ULTIMATE Super Late Model Teams event earlier this year was rained out twice so this gives them an opportunity to run two events in one weekend. The FASTRAK crate late models have always put on a tremendous weekend of racing in the past and having two complete shows that weekend should draw the top teams in the United States. Stan Lester has taken back over the reins of the FASTRAK Series and I think fans will notice the difference right away. It will be back to old fashioned racing”.

“I look forward to going back to Wythe” said Stan Lester of FASTRAK. “Unfortunately I wasn’t there the last time FASTRAK was at Wythe. I can assure the fans at Wythe they will see a timely, well ran program. No more nonsense, we’re going to race and have fun no different than we always had in the past at Wythe. We owe the fans there two great shows and they can rest assured they are going to get them”.

“I appreciate Fred allowing the ULTIMATE Series the opportunity to join this weekend of racing” said Timmy Mac Race Director. “This will allow the teams that were rained out both times earlier this year a chance to come and race for two purses instead of one. I can’t imagine how great the racing is going to be with FASTRAK and ULTIMATE both there and both with double headers. That’s going to be one exciting weekend of racing”.

Shanon Buckingham will be presented his Championship Ring from the Pro Late Model Nationals victory in 2010 that weekend on the front straight. It’s the last Pro Late Models Nationals ring to ever be awarded. Being a custom ring it takes some time to have it made and Buckingham has been tremendously busy with his business this year. “I look forward to seeing Shanon and Amanda said Lester. “Haven’t seen them much this year but we look forward to enjoying one of FASTRAK’s toughest competitors in the country. It will be an honor for Fred and I to present him his ring”.

With near $60,000 of cash to be distributed who knows what may happen this weekend? Teams and fans from across the country are sure to participate in this event so fans are encouraged to bring lawn chairs and get there early. A driver autograph session for both series will begin on Saturday at 5:00 PM at the top of the grandstands.

Friday September 2nd: FASTRAK Late Model Feature – ULTIMATE Super Late Models plus support classes.

Saturday September 3rd: FASTRAK Late Model Feature – ULTIMATE Super Late Models plus support classes.

(FANS ARE ENCOURAGED TO CALL FRED BROWN ASAP TO RESERVE TICKETS)

Fred Brown: (276) 620-2015

MORE INFO TO COME:

www.wytheraceway.com
www.fastrakracing.com
www.ultimatesupers.com