PDA

View Full Version : STRiKE-2!!! S.A.S CLEVELAND....... RAINED OUT --- ReSCHEDULED Sat. 8/20

Steve Hixson
08-06-2011, 03:48 PM
4:30PM word came in from cleveland....

BiG STEVE

tndirttrackin
08-06-2011, 04:20 PM
I thougt you said no rain & not to miss this race STEVE!?

Steve Hixson
08-06-2011, 06:13 PM
thats what I thot........ guess I wrong

dont know how much rain fell in cleve

but it rained all day in HIXSON/SODDY/REDBANK&DAYTON

guess it was just a matter of time

I called MONTY at 2PM and he said we were racing - cause no rain was at track

guess that changed

upaginit in North GA
08-06-2011, 08:15 PM
I just came from the track, there was no rain, the parking lot was dusty, it has not rained at the track as of 7:45.

After NGA Thursday and Boyd's last night, I was looking forward to Cleveland tonight.

The 8/20 make-up is not good for me, I will be in Batesville for the Topless 100.

So will 17M, 53, and Jacobsen. Oh well!

RacedudeGa
08-07-2011, 06:26 PM
i'm sure that date wont work for a lot of people and Monty will gladly thank them for their money that he already has in his pocket.

If you are going to call a race because of rain you should at least wait until it actually rains unless you do it earlier in the day. If i go to track and pay my money then i expect to see one of two things... some good racing or rain on my windshield as i leave.

I kept watching the radar trying to decide if i should make the trip or not and it appeared to me to be breaking up the later it got but by then it was too late for me to commit to driving that far so i just went to TST were i actually got to see some racing.

Hotrod50
08-08-2011, 04:47 AM
I've said it last week and I will say again this week shame on you! Some people are catching on to him and do not make plans to come to his track. It's too bad, would like to see someone else take over that want to run this track.

otto9
08-08-2011, 10:06 AM
As far as taking peoples money Saturday night, Monty never opened the gates, he had three cars in the pits at 5 pm and that was Jake Knowles, Ray Cook and Brian Reese. Radar looked terrible as it looked as if the rain was coming right down I-75 from Knoxville and it would have been a bad night for the crowd. things are tough in the economy right now and people will not chance coming out on rainy weather, so he called it. If any of you that are griping want to put up the money for the night Monty I am sure would have been glad to race.

RacedudeGa
08-08-2011, 02:26 PM
so he called it cause it it looked like it might rain and the fact he didnt have any cars not because it WAS raining.

Deek4RJ5
08-08-2011, 04:03 PM
I too was very dissapointed. I had five people coming with me that couldn't make NGS or Boyds races. We were really looking forward to it. I doubt the cars had anything to do with it, im sure they were coming. The threat of rain was definately here, however, it was also near Thursday, Friday and I seen two very good races on very good tracks. We all as fans hate to see a race called because it might rain. That being said... I'm glad I didn't have to make the call from a bussiness standpoint, it would have been a tough call. I don't like it but I do understand. It was raining at my house (Georgetown) Thursday when I left for NGS, I almost backed out, sure glad I didn't. Light drizzle on way to Boyds Friday, glad I didn't turn around. I love this sport and will continue to support every track I can. If its a SLM race and not more than two hours away, I'll probably be there.

acetone
08-08-2011, 06:27 PM
As far as taking peoples money Saturday night, Monty never opened the gates, he had three cars in the pits at 5 pm and that was Jake Knowles, Ray Cook and Brian Reese. Radar looked terrible as it looked as if the rain was coming right down I-75 from Knoxville and it would have been a bad night for the crowd. things are tough in the economy right now and people will not chance coming out on rainy weather, so he called it. If any of you that are griping want to put up the money for the night Monty I am sure would have been glad to race.i was talking about that to my dad saturday during the day. i told i would hate to run a track knowing that the weather was so iffy. crucified if you do, crucified if you dont.

upaginit in North GA
08-08-2011, 07:33 PM
As far as taking peoples money Saturday night, Monty never opened the gates, he had three cars in the pits at 5 pm and that was Jake Knowles, Ray Cook and Brian Reese. Radar looked terrible as it looked as if the rain was coming right down I-75 from Knoxville and it would have been a bad night for the crowd. things are tough in the economy right now and people will not chance coming out on rainy weather, so he called it. If any of you that are griping want to put up the money for the night Monty I am sure would have been glad to race.

I think you may be missing the point. I do not have to put money up, I am not the promoter of the track, all I do is pay the admission price. It is ironic 3 bigger than average shows were promoted for a couple of weeks. If NGA and Boyd's would have canceled because of the radar, there would have been no racing Thursday or Friday. I drove to Cleveland, like I said no rain, parking lot dusty (745pm). All I am asking, if you have no intentions of running the race due to low car count and or crowds, don't bring SAS, SRRS, Lucas, VRS into the scenario. I sat there for 5-10 minutes, approximately 22 cars with race fans pulled in the parking lot. As for the make-up, no good for me, will be in Batesville for the Topless along with 53, 17M, and Jacobsen who would have been at Cleveland Saturday night. Something to think about, Boyd's had 38 supers with only 3K to win. H'mmmm.

greenison
08-13-2011, 12:27 PM
your a freakin idiot!!!

greenison
08-13-2011, 12:29 PM
I think you may be missing the point. I do not have to put money up, I am not the promoter of the track, all I do is pay the admission price. It is ironic 3 bigger than average shows were promoted for a couple of weeks. If NGA and Boyd's would have canceled because of the radar, there would have been no racing Thursday or Friday. I drove to Cleveland, like I said no rain, parking lot dusty (745pm). All I am asking, if you have no intentions of running the race due to low car count and or crowds, don't bring SAS, SRRS, Lucas, VRS into the scenario. I sat there for 5-10 minutes, approximately 22 cars with race fans pulled in the parking lot. As for the make-up, no good for me, will be in Batesville for the Topless along with 53, 17M, and Jacobsen who would have been at Cleveland Saturday night. Something to think about, Boyd's had 38 supers with only 3K to win. H'mmmm.

if it had rained you would have bitched about that to.

acetone
08-13-2011, 05:18 PM
keep beating a dead horse

stevo
08-13-2011, 08:31 PM
They were not going to run with supers at Smokey just like last time several went to gap.not enough supers. Last regular race at NGA 2nd and third were Boyds Limited.