PDA

View Full Version : Needing set up sheet for 90's model Masterbuilt Smackdown

Snappy
08-06-2011, 04:16 PM
I'm asking this for one of my customers that is putting a mid 90's model Masterbuilt together in my shop and he is needing a set up sheet. He spoke to Masterbuilt and they don't go back that far, but sent us the oldest set up sheet they had which was a 2002 if I remember correctly. But we afraid there are alot of items that had changed in those eight years.

Thanks in advance
3m Racing
Mike

MasterSbilt_Racer
08-06-2011, 06:24 PM
I'm asking this for one of my customers that is putting a mid 90's model Masterbuilt together in my shop and he is needing a set up sheet. He spoke to Masterbuilt and they don't go back that far, but sent us the oldest set up sheet they had which was a 2002 if I remember correctly. But we afraid there are alot of items that had changed in those eight years.

Thanks in advance
3m Racing
Mike

There was no Smackdown back then. You have a wide or narrow chassis. Figure that out and then go from there.

Snappy
08-06-2011, 08:52 PM
There was no Smackdown back then. You have a wide or narrow chassis. Figure that out and then go from there.

This chassis was basically given to the guy and was told it was a 2002 Smackdown, but when he call and give the serial number #271 Masterbuilt told him it was 90’s model. Having said that, and assuming that it is like Shaw cars with the 10” a frames this should be considered wide chassis I believe? Any help would be great.

Thanks in advance
3m Racing

MasterSbilt_Racer
08-06-2011, 09:48 PM
Here is the link to a wide car.

http://www.mastersbilt.com/setups/setup_widecombo.pdf

In the mid 90's I don't think any Masters cars had 10" uppers either.

JJ128
08-07-2011, 06:29 AM
I have a 2000 "Millennium" narrow that is #256. The set up sheet I found for a 2000-2002 "Millennium Smackdown" calls for a 10-1/2" LF upper and a 10" RF upper, with the option of a 7-3/4" RF upper.

http://www.mastersbilt.com/setups/narrow.pdf

Snappy
08-07-2011, 07:28 AM
I have a 2000 "Millennium" narrow that is #256. The set up sheet I found for a 2000-2002 "Millennium Smackdown" calls for a 10-1/2" LF upper and a 10" RF upper, with the option of a 7-3/4" RF upper.

If my customer understood them correctly they told him that if it had been built in 2000 up it would have a 0 in front of that number?

Thanks everyone for your help

3m Racing

MasterSbilt_Racer
08-07-2011, 08:20 AM
JJ128 is right. I had one of those cars too. The Smackdowns have a zero in front of it and the narrows and wides do not.

Here is a narrow setup book.

fox1162002
08-07-2011, 10:33 AM
I had a narrow car #207 id say its a narrow car.

Snappy
08-07-2011, 03:30 PM
On this chassis it only has one mount for shock behind qc, and I am suggesting to the owner we add another one for easy adjustment between heat and feature. This is something we've done on my Shaw, but it was as simple as adding a shock mount beside the other mount. But on this car we will need cut the supports and add an extension to the orginal mount, strenghten the shock mount and extension.

Once again, thanks for all the info I believe we've got enough set up info now to set this beast up and get it round a track.

3m Racing

Snappy
09-05-2011, 09:27 AM
I have a couple question on this chassis

Question one: I understand that we cannot go to light on our right front spring selection because the right frame will dig in to the track. (I understand Masterbuilt raised the frame rail on later models) anyway we was thinking about angle cutting the bottom right frame rail, and then double box and gusset, above the frame rail for strength.
Question two: On this chassis it only has one mount for shock behind qc, and I am suggesting to the owner we add another mount for easy adjustment between heat and feature. This is something we've done on my Shaw, but it was as simple as adding a shock mount beside the other mount. But on this car we will need cut the supports and add an extension to the original mount, strengthen the shock mount and extension.

Any comments or suggestion on these two questions would be greatly appreciated.

3m Racing

Mike