PDA

View Full Version : Afco Silver Series Shocks

Snappy
08-06-2011, 04:20 PM
Has anyone been using the Afco Silver Series double adjustable shock? We are seeking info for a older model Masterbuilt

Thanks in advance
3m Racing
Mike

rubbinsracin
08-08-2011, 01:47 PM
our class requires twin tube shocks so i have no personal experience, however, we did have some SLMs recently and i did see that 2 cars parked right next to us had them. we make it a point to try and park next to a few of them and make contacts for used tires and pick their brains if they will give us any info. but anyways.....they were not what i would consider "high dollar" (small open trailers, only a couple spare tires, few sponsors, etc) teams but they made the feature and ran respectable.

I asked because i had never seen them on a car before so i asked and they said that they were pretty good all-around shocks. they were good in slick, good in heavy. not great in either. they said they needed some new monos and they could only afford 1 set of shocks and so its what they went with.

grasshopper
08-10-2011, 09:58 AM
call kenny smith - 1-336-789-6365 B&O Racing shocks. He is very knoledgeable he can help. He is a afco dealer.

rocketracingboy31
07-13-2012, 01:39 PM
I have a mastersbilt and was running ohlins canister shocks and they were good shocks, but i have purchased a new set of afco silver series canister shocks from B&O racing shocks out of Mt. Airy. N.C.- Great shocks, many advantages when it comes to repairs and prices also, AFCO has came a long way with there shocks and have been doing allot of on track testing the past few years, You get allot of bang for your buck if ya know what i mean. Anyone looking to get in touch with B&O Shocks their ph.# is (336) 789-6365< They sell and service and dyno-OHLINS, AFCO, PENSKE, QA1, and BILSTEIN shocks!

dualdj1
07-13-2012, 02:52 PM
AFCO will go above and beyond helping you with the shocks. They have done a ton of R&D to improve them, even over the M2's (which we ran on our Rayburn and really liked). As others have said, they're a solid all purpose shock, maybe not best for any specific condition, but they are good for most every condition/track.