PDA

View Full Version : New Body help

Rfisher23
08-07-2011, 11:46 AM
im putting a new body on my modified, whats the length from side to side my car is at 66inch now should it be wider?

mod6f
08-07-2011, 12:06 PM
Any width you want within rules. What do the rules say at your track?

Rfisher23
08-07-2011, 04:28 PM
imca rules, didnt know if there was a cetain rule there was, i seen alot of mods that have the right quarter panel even with the outside right rear tire or if there is a reason for that, my car is set now to were the right rear tire sticks out about 2 inchs past the quarter panel on the right rear

racin6mod
08-07-2011, 05:50 PM
I think the rules call out for a 68 inches across the deck at the widest point and the last two treats looking at the top of the rr tire but you can make the body wider by putting in a bent line from the top of the deck to just above the rear tire(see photos)it's hard to see in the photo's but you mirror the bend on the rearquarter panel. this will help keep you stay within the rules and still have a wider body.I gained about 6 inches over all width.

Rfisher23
08-07-2011, 08:13 PM
ok thanks, just bought a chassis, this is my first owm, and the body was not good so just trying out what to do! thanks

dirttrackrocker
08-08-2011, 11:00 AM
IMCA is pretty strict about body rules. 66" maximum width at the top of the decking and it must be the same at front and back. On the right side, the tires must be the widest part, you are allowed to have the tire 1" under the body on the left side, unless you have a nerf bar.

racin6mod
08-08-2011, 04:54 PM
chast33n I thought you might like that one. hows it look finished?

LM14
08-08-2011, 10:04 PM
None of the pictures above are IMCA legal. Go to the IMCA web site and download the rules and body diagram. Those noses won't pass IMCA either.

SPark

1cln_sdime
08-09-2011, 01:52 AM
That yellow car looks crazy wide i know there is no way we have that much room between the snout bar andout side of the body and our body isnt close to legal

mod6f
08-09-2011, 12:16 PM
Brian makes a really nice body and yes, all those are UMP and not legal for IMCA. Go to the site and look a the diagram.

T. 66" max. 24" min., no narrower than
radiator
X. 66" max. 53" min. measured at top of
interior deck, must be same front to back.

racin6mod
08-09-2011, 05:08 PM
that was my point you get the wide look and still only 66'' at the point they check and when checked from the top the treadsn the rr are also with in the rules. as for the nose yes they are not imca legal but we were talkin about the sides not the nose area.

imca should adjust ther rules as they have the worst looking mod of all and most are built to they rules anyway.

dirttrackrocker
08-09-2011, 05:49 PM
The way IMCA checks the right side (at least in the eastern region) is with a 4 foot straight edge. They put it against the outside of the tire and rotate it till each end hits the ground so if any part of the body is wider than the tire, it's illegal.

washeduptoo
08-09-2011, 07:53 PM
I think that car looks too good to put on a race track or at least in our area. Good job.

1cln_sdime
08-09-2011, 10:59 PM
I dont like the break on the doors so we just role the door out with the middle brace.Ill post pics when we get the body done later this week

dluna11w
08-12-2011, 08:54 AM
I think the rules call out for a 68 inches across the deck at the widest point and the last two treats looking at the top of the rr tire but you can make the body wider by putting in a bent line from the top of the deck to just above the rear tire(see photos)it's hard to see in the photo's but you mirror the bend on the rearquarter panel. this will help keep you stay within the rules and still have a wider body.I gained about 6 inches over all width.

Can you post a picture of how she looks from behind please?

racin6mod
08-13-2011, 04:19 PM
I don't have a photo from the back maybe chat33n will post one the yellow car is his fathers.