PDA

View Full Version : tire opinions AR's or Hoosier

Dirt36
08-09-2011, 01:05 PM
AR 44 chainlink tires, Hoosier 1300 or maybe even a 1450? Dry slick track that is not very abrasive most nights. Im new to the more open tire rule of 40 or harder, mainly ran crate21's. Just wanted a few opinions thanks, dirt

racinrocket1
08-09-2011, 04:37 PM
if i were you i'd have a AR 44 rain tread 28.5 on the Lf and RF cut it with a #2 diagonal lr-rf if the rf seems like its getting over worked then put a 48 on the there but sipes it. then on the LR i would have a 44 BTW square block 88.0 cross cut every block with a #2 on the RR i would get a new 49 29.0 and cross cut it every link with a #2 and sipe each block with 3 sipes that way it fires right way thats what i have been running all year when it gets slick and havent had a problem... the 44 would be good but if you run lots of green laps it will get past its working temp and go away but if you only run a few laps and get cautions then go with a 44 but only cross cut it everyother link with a #4 and no sipes

Dirt36
08-10-2011, 02:26 PM
thanks for the help, I have heard the new 44's are good tires just have no t tried them yet

4bangerhotrod
08-10-2011, 02:45 PM
i believe a 44 is the best all around tire made from all companys. the AR tires seem to have more sidebite while hoosiers create more forward bite, this has been my experiance with them. if you switch brands it changes the car and we had to make small changes to make the handleing stay the same. both are good tires i like AR the best but were on hoosier

racinrocket1
08-10-2011, 10:34 PM
i agree the 44 is a good tire but you just have to make sure it dont get over its working temp.. we have found that if it gets above 150 degrees it fades off and you will loose all side bite and drive.... also you have to make sure that your not running on the side wall of the tire to i have worked very close with fred at lias tire on this deal and we found that running your RR tire pressure at 12 solved that problem and made the car more stable now that was when the track was very heavy and fast where you were really bending the car into the corner... as far as handling goes i would say the AR's would tighten the car up alittle more due to the side walls on the rain tread being more flexible than the hoosiers but thats where the BTW LR comes into play that helps free the car up do the stiffer side wall. if you have any further questions feel free to contact me by PM