PDA

View Full Version : needing help on smaller tracks when it gets black slick

lpd1
08-11-2011, 12:17 AM
i have been fighting this problem all year and can not seem to find anything to drausticly improve sidebite, i have moved the j-bar from 8 1/4 up to 9 1/4, changed rr springs 225-250, shorten rr wheel base 1/2 inch, i have moved my side bars all the way down trying to help keep the car under me in the center, but when i try and pick up the gas it really seems like the car turns to much on the throttle, and nothin seems to make the rr tire stick when the track blows off. here is my set up lf 550 rf 375-350, lr 200,rr 225-250, have tried wedge from 45 lbs up to 225 lbs, the car is decent getting into the corners im not using brakes to make it turn, but i have to wait and wait to pick up the throttle. it seems like the rr never grabs ahold of anything and the guys im running with seem to be able to drive in deeper and pick up the throttle earlyer then me. i have checked everything nothin is binding up, all brand new teflon heims, brand new tires, we have brand new integra ida's set on momentum. the dummy shock has 150 lbs gas i been thinking about putting 300 in it to keep the car on the bars more, i have tried rocking up the left side, my home track is veery small and you seem to lay on the rr all the time even down the straights. please help im going back there saturday and i need to improve. thanks dave.

HuckleberryB4
08-11-2011, 12:33 AM
How much stagger are you running? Where are your bars at (left and right sides) when the car has felt best? What are your left side and rear percentages? Do you run weight on the car, if so where and how high? Is your rearend location correct left to right so that the shock angles are correct?

lpd1
08-11-2011, 02:18 AM
i run 3-4 inch of stagger in the rear, lr top rod 3rd hole up lr bottom rod is 4th hole up rrt rod starts in the middle hole this is a 2011 rocket, rrb rod is in the 3rd hole from the bottom, i been starting to move to rigth side bars to try and keep the car under me it really seems to step out when i try and pick up the throttle, im not sure if its because the rr is not sticking or what,i have been racing for a long time so i understand you have to slow down to make the track hold the car but the guys a race with dont seem to have and slow down as much, percentages i have had left 54.5 rear 54.5- left 55, rear 55- left 55- rear 57 %, side to side 16 3/4 thinking of trying a 175-200 in the rr, and a 275-300 in the rr, im out of ideas, when i added wedge it seem to make the car have better forward drive but i cant keep the rr from sliding out so easy im keeping the wheel as straight as i possible can?

fwdbite
08-11-2011, 07:41 AM
We had this same issue with our new rocket.. we did three things. Not sure exactly what helped the most but we put short rod on left top got our drop to 13.5 and dropped our LS% down to 54. Car sticks good now. Can drive in real deep.

lpd1
08-11-2011, 05:02 PM
thanks i have the short rod on lr top, ill get the left % back to 54, and ill give it 13 1/2 drop i have 13 1/4 now thanks for the help