PDA

View Full Version : stock oil pan

JAMESGANGRACING
08-12-2011, 03:10 PM
I know its not good to run a stock pan but should you run more than the 5 quarts to make sure you dont starve the oil pump

Egoracing
08-12-2011, 03:36 PM
I know its not good to run a stock pan but should you run more than the 5 quarts to make sure you dont starve the oil pump

Clean the block to promote drain back and use a GOOD oil. If you can buy it at Walmart, Discount or any where else and it is for an on the road truck or car, don't run it.

Egoracing
08-12-2011, 03:38 PM

Clean the block to promote drain back and use a GOOD oil. If you can buy the oil at Walmart, Discount or any where else and it is for an on the road truck or car, don't run it.

cvra
08-12-2011, 07:03 PM
When we have had to run a stock pan we ran an extra quart. Never had any lack of oil problems and it wasn't puking oil either. Go for it and don't worry.

stock car driver
08-12-2011, 08:39 PM
lots of guys around here run stock pan or the stock appearing which is a six qt.

I think they do it for ease of header install and starter.

Ill answer your other post here.

I like moroso pans claimer type pans. they are about 115 with pick up.

Ive had speedway claimers and kevko... both have some of the same issues, they spot weld in the gates, the spot welds fatigue the pan and they leak....

Ive also had both speedway and kevko leak thru welds and or crack where they were broke 90 to hard...

moroso pans have the gates welded in on the inside.

I have NEVER had a issue with moroso. they also have less welded area by design then both speedway and kevko.

I have a used speedway and kevko here for sale with pick ups and no leaks today if you want a cheap pan. Ill gladly ship you either for 60 with the pick up.