PDA

View Full Version : Preston Graves takes SLM @ Tri-County

Superman_Racing
08-13-2011, 10:46 AM
Another good field of cars friday night at tri-county with 20 limited/crates and 18 Super Latemodels last night.

Good action in both as Jason Payne #88 passes Danny Ledford #4 on the last lap for the win. Cant remember the rundown behind them.

In Super Latemodel the action was heating up as David Payne Shawn Chastain and Johnny Chastain were battling for the lead. Shawn was going for the pass and got into David and all three drivers got tangled with David going to the pits with a flat, Johnny retired to the pits and Shawn started in the rear. Afterwards Preston Graves took over the lead and won what I believe was his first career super latemodel win followed by Randy Nichols. I was also impressed with Johnny Cloer Jr. he was moving through the field and may have had a shot at going for the win but ended up with a flat tire.

Good Night of racing hopefully someone can give a full rundown soon!

gravett1
08-13-2011, 11:14 AM
Congrats on the win last night .It was Preston's 2nd win the First was at Cleveland. Go 105!!!!!!!!!!!

racinbuddy
08-13-2011, 01:36 PM
"Shawn was going for the pass and got into David", more like David got RUN OVER. What was that? Uncalled for. They had 3 maybe 4 (cant remember) good clean starts to the race without contact. Great racing until THAT happened!

Superman_Racing
08-13-2011, 04:49 PM
I apologize I hadnt remembered the cleveland win. Congratulations to Preston on his second super latemodel win hopefully with many more to come!

And I dont like to get on here and argue but it was a racing incident Shawn wasnt trying to wreck anyone on purpose and he had a really nice run going on David when they made contact. Everyone any where around us in the stands said the same thing. I'm not speaking for Shawn but knowing him I'm sure he hates that it happened but that happens in racing when you have guys who compete as hard as these guys do it was just a very unfortunate racing incident. I have pulled for David, Shawn, and Johnny for years and I just hate that it hurt all 3 of them. All 3 of these guys have been racing for years and have been some of the cleanest drivers I've watched they know how much it costs and time it takes to fix these things when they get tore up and you have to fix them out of your own pocket. It was shaping up to be a pretty good finish for this one.

I'm looking forward to the next race in two weeks!!