PDA

View Full Version : carb or ignition

timracer44
08-14-2011, 02:44 PM
i ran 50 laps friday in practice ckeck spark plugs they were good, practice saturday and qualified plugs still good. 4 laps into heat race coming off the corner started to stumble when back in gas, another driver who was behind me said when i let off in the corner a big puff of smoke came out the exhaust. finished race check plugs again all four plugs were dripping fuel. What would cause it to run that rich all of a sudden. Any suggestions?

84Dave
08-14-2011, 03:09 PM
What engine, what ignition system, what carb? If the carb is a Holley, check the power-valve, hot float level (brass floats with a leak?), & change the o-ring on the needle-seat assembly. Fuel pressure OK (6# or less)?. -Dave-

toynv
08-14-2011, 03:39 PM
i agree with dave. also had a brass float sink on me. leading the main. all of a sudden it was so fat that i could barely get through the corner. pulled the carb apart and the float was full of gas. will never have one of them on a motor again.

timracer44
08-14-2011, 07:11 PM
sorry about that. im running 2550 stroker with the holley 500 cfm, and stock brain, with a blaster 2 coil