PDA

View Full Version : Going from a pullbar to a lift arm

dirtbandit
08-16-2011, 12:59 PM
Thinking about trying a lift arm on my mod. I have all the stuff to convert over and was wondering if I needed to make any other changes other than taking the pullbar out and putting on the lift arm? Also will there be a noticeable difference in how the car handles and what would the differences be?

Thanks.

Bcollins82
08-16-2011, 06:35 PM
You will want to increase your LR bite to about 120lbs as a starting point, and your car will probably like a little softer RF spring to help get it over on the RF. If it's set up right it will increase center corner speed some in my experience, but you may lose some forward drive until you get the combo figured out. I prefer them over pullbars, but they do take more "tweaking" to get going. The pullbar seems a little more forgiving. I feel they are definitely better on rough or momentum tracks, it seems to free up the suspension movement and not be so "locked up" on the throttle like a pullbar can be.

dirtbandit
08-19-2011, 01:35 PM
Thanks for the reply Bcollins.

What about pinion angle? Run it the same as with the pullbar?

Bcollins82
08-19-2011, 01:43 PM
We run 5 degrees of pinion angle with the lift arm.

rubbinsracin
08-19-2011, 01:59 PM
i thought i read something about mods not being able to run liftbars anymore. I know Nascar and IMCA have made them illegal. i can say this, the 3 fastest cars at our track ran liftbars and when they had to switch, they went to another track that runs unsanctioned mods.

Bcollins82
08-19-2011, 02:23 PM
They are still legal in UMP, and a lot of other sanctioning bodies.