PDA

View Full Version : GRT Help

mqdirtracer57
08-16-2011, 10:14 PM
I checked how my tracking is on my GRT...It seems to track more to left side. I straightened LF wheel and ran a string down left side,with the string touching front and back of LF wheel,the LR wheel is inside the string about a 1/2 to 5/8 of an inch. I have the J-bar Bracket 8 3/8 up on chassis in third notch and J-bar second notch up on pinion,and J-bar length at 19 1/4 inches. Does all of this seem correct? The driveshaft seems to be in-line at ride height...seems to me it should track a little more to the right. Any help will be greatly appreciated

Egoracing
08-17-2011, 06:44 AM
I checked how my tracking is on my GRT...It seems to track more to left side. I straightened LF wheel and ran a string down left side,with the string touching front and back of LF wheel,the LR wheel is inside the string about a 1/2 to 5/8 of an inch. I have the J-bar Bracket 8 3/8 up on chassis in third notch and J-bar second notch up on pinion,and J-bar length at 19 1/4 inches. Does all of this seem correct? The driveshaft seems to be in-line at ride height...seems to me it should track a little more to the right. Any help will be greatly appreciated

The RR should be in about 4 inches closer to the center than the RF depending on the year of the car, the left side should almost line up.

mqdirtracer57
08-17-2011, 08:51 AM
The left side almost lines up.The LF is outside the LR about 1/2-5/8" so,I am gonna say it's pretty darn close. Thanks Ego!!