PDA

View Full Version : new shaw trouble

screwdriver18
08-17-2011, 06:53 PM
i have a new 2011 shaw car and eithe ri have no side bite on entry and alot of drive or no drive and alot of side bite. heard other are having the same problem and need to know a few solutions if there is any.

lf 550 rf 600
lr150 rr 175 also went 175 200 and 175 150

20lbs lr to 20 lbs rr tried all in between

set up is right where shaw calls for on bar angles and pull bar locations
pull bar is a afco 1200 spring bar
ive tried 3 different pull bars
tried progressive- biscuits-and 1200 spring 1/4 to 3/8 preload
ive switched from a long j-bar to a short j-bar to a short bar and no response

we have been out 9 nights and had 2 good outings the rest were garbage.

junebug
08-17-2011, 07:08 PM
i think the shaws like softer rf springs might try softening up the rf to get ur side bite then bump up the wedge to get your fwd drive

johnny v
08-17-2011, 07:39 PM
[QUOTE=screwdriver18;1423985]i have a new 2011 shaw car and eithe ri have no side bite on entry and alot of drive or no drive and alot of side bite. heard other are having the same problem and need to know a few solutions if there is any.

The above sounds right.... there is only so much traction available.. you either use it up on entry and don't have it for Forward Bite or you save it on entry and have it available for Forward bite...
What kind of driver are you? Do you like to charge the corners and are bat out of heck fast on a hammer down tacky race tracks or do you enter the corners straight and easy, keep the car down on the track and haul butt out and down the Straights when the track slicks up and goes dry slick or ice slick???
When you have good stuff and are on the set up... you need to look at the drivers responsibility in the equation....
One of my favorite quotes: "The driver is the most adjustable part of the car....the hard part is adjusting them"
We have a 09 Shaw and chased the setup for a year.... all the way from 500 rf spring to 650... bar angles all over the place... RR back, LR back, j-bar angles, LS %, Rear %, rear springs from 150 to 250 , all over all sides....
Car looks the same ever time.....
Started working on the driver........ left the car alone ...... small air pressure adjustments, wheel spacers, and a RRU bar change every - once - in - a - while....

screwdriver18
08-17-2011, 09:26 PM
driver has won alot of features and been racing for a long time..... thanks for the info

johnny v
08-18-2011, 07:56 PM
driver has won alot of features and been racing for a long time..... thanks for the info

were the features and racing for a long time in 4 bar cars?

what was the track like the 2 nights the car was decent?
That might give us a hint at some direction to look in..

JustAddDirt
08-29-2011, 11:29 AM

That can be good or bad. How long has he driven a 4 link car?
I myself have won over 150 features, and still find myself charging the corners too much at times, and the car will not respond well. I have to adjust my brain at times to back the corner up and car responds well to it most of the time. Sometimes you hit the setup perfect, and sometimes you don't. Only so much a driver can do if it is just not right, but the driver could be creating the problem as well.