PDA

View Full Version : GRT Left Upper Bar

poppy
08-21-2011, 06:26 PM
On the newer GRT that has the option to put a longer upper left bar by 1". I realize I would have to us a 18" bar instead of a 17" bar. How would the suspension react to this move and what are the pros/cons to this set up. Also would you use the same hole location on the frame. We try and keep the upper left at 45 degrees when up on the bars. With this do you increase or decrease angle?

Matt49
08-22-2011, 09:04 AM
The longer upper bar will typically slow down birdcage indexing. You would probably need to move the front of the bar up to maintain your same static angle but you're not going to get as much dynamic angle (full drop) out of it with the longer bar so how you adjust all depends on what you are going for.
Is there a particular handling problem you are trying to solve or are you just wanting to try something different?

poppy
08-22-2011, 09:50 AM
Having a hell of a time getting in the corner, If I lift and roll the car pushes, If I jam it in there wants to come around. Cannot find a happy medium. As a result of corner entry I have very little side bite and short on forward drive.

mqdirtracer57
08-22-2011, 12:56 PM
I have the same problem with my GRT...I spoke with there guy in sales and he told me "try the new updated spindles and control arm set-up". I haven't done that yet but have asked around and I have gotten good reviews so far from other racers.

poppy
08-22-2011, 01:07 PM
My GRT is a 2010 and I thought it had the new front end, how do you tell the difference?

mqdirtracer57
08-22-2011, 02:32 PM
Being a 2010 it should have the updated front end