PDA

View Full Version : rf brake shut off...

29racin
08-21-2011, 06:28 PM
use this and will my car help turn in middle of corner???

joedoozer
08-21-2011, 08:25 PM
The only thing I use it for is to keep the RF from locking up in packing laps. I don't think I would want to use it to rotate the car though.

talclipse
08-22-2011, 06:18 AM
I use it a lot. It is a bit of a crutch but.. it is an effective crutch.

It will help the car to rotate whenever you use the brakes. Whether you give them a slight touch in the middle of the corner to help with rotation, drag them coming off the corner to control wheel spin and rotate, or stab them down the straight away because of something happening ahead of you. The car will rotate.

latemodel86
08-22-2011, 07:52 PM
I wouldn't use it unless it's tacky and you're goin out for qualifying. It jus turns the car/rotate whenever you touch it. If you have it off and theres a wreck in front of you goin down the straight and you have to jump on the brakes, well.....the car will turn left pretty hard. If you need it to help the car's handling issues, I'd personally try to change the setup to help the car turn. My car has the rf valve shut off, and I've never touched it. JMO

HuckleberryB4
08-24-2011, 01:12 AM
I don't care for it myself and wouldn't use it to fix a tight middle issue. We race on a dry slick track and it causes the car to over rotate and isn't beneficial at all on that type of track. I use it in hot laps or if the track is SUPER heavy. If the track is just tacky I still use 4 wheel and never use it on a dry slick track.

But every driver likes a different feel.

Egoracing
08-24-2011, 06:44 AM
I don't care for it myself and wouldn't use it to fix a tight middle issue. We race on a dry slick track and it causes the car to over rotate and isn't beneficial at all on that type of track. I use it in hot laps or if the track is SUPER heavy. If the track is just tacky I still use 4 wheel and never use it on a dry slick track.

But every driver likes a different feel.

I agree, the only time we used it is when the track was sloppy wet mud.

MasterSbilt_Racer
08-24-2011, 07:22 AM
You can get away with it on a slower track, but I wouldn't plan on using it all the time. I consider it a last resort when your car is really bad.

powerslide
08-24-2011, 09:15 AM
its a in (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)pit tuning tool. Our driver had it on majority of the time. And always had all rear brake. If he came in and had front brake cranked in the car we were going backwards.

Each driver is different and you will just have to try it to see if you like it.

jedclampit
08-24-2011, 10:19 AM
its a in (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)pit tuning tool. Our driver had it on majority of the time. And always had all rear brake. If he came in and had front brake cranked in the car we were going backwards.

Each driver is different and you will just have to try it to see if you like it.

The best driver I ever CC for did the same, with same resultant, front brake meant loose car, heading back thru the pack.:cool:

merc123
09-14-2011, 07:15 AM
Only used it when car wouldn't turn at all. Found out after race the LR brake rotor broke off the hub so I didn't have but one rear brake...which is why it wouldn't turn. Otherwise I use it as a parking brake when I'm on inclines waiting to go out on the track.

fastford
09-14-2011, 09:20 AM
hey, i like that parking brake idea, never thought of that, just goes to show, you can teach an old dog a new trick.

Matt49
09-14-2011, 10:26 AM
Only used it when car wouldn't turn at all. Found out after race the LR brake rotor broke off the hub so I didn't have but one rear brake...which is why it wouldn't turn. Otherwise I use it as a parking brake when I'm on inclines waiting to go out on the track.

If you're running a spooled rear end, that doesn't make any sense. It doesn't matter what side the brakes are on, both wheels will have the same braking potential. They are locked together. If you are running something besides a spool, different story.

rubbinsracin
09-14-2011, 10:52 AM
Matt - I see where you are coming from about the spool and the wheels being locked together, but if you only have one caliper as opposed to two calipers clamping down you wont have the same stopping potential as if you were to have both rear calipers functioning correctly.

Matt49
09-14-2011, 11:47 AM
Matt - I see where you are coming from about the spool and the wheels being locked together, but if you only have one caliper as opposed to two calipers clamping down you wont have the same stopping potential as if you were to have both rear calipers functioning correctly.

Very true.

merc123
09-14-2011, 02:02 PM
Very true.

Putting that little tidbit back in the back of my mind though. Never though about the spool effect with the brakes but I was going to bring up the same thing as rubbinsracin about actual stopping power was decreased.