PDA

View Full Version : Tips for Brushcreek

BigDaddy26
08-21-2011, 06:41 PM
Before the big races get here, i think it would be a good idea to take advantage of some of that dead space between the back stretch and the pit road. That would be a great place for a hot pit area. There is already a partial lane there. All you would need to do is blade it down and let the drivers crews setup there to do tire changes. I understand the rule about not going to the pits and thats why the hot pit would be a good idea. Track officials could still keep watch to make sure no other work gets done to the cars. I saw Mark Morrison coming to the track for the heat race and when he got to the track his tire was flat. With a hot pit, he could have still ran the heatand maybe ended up with a better starting position for the feature. You could also avoid being boycotted by cars that are forced to not race at your track by people like Hollyweird Brian Gray. I understand it would take a little time but i know you have the equipment to accomplish the task and if you got started on it now it would be ready. Leave the rule there about going to the pits but allow the drivers a few laps to change a flat. I have to say that if you do decide to do this, please do not let that driver get their spot back. One local track has done this for a selected few drivers and they are being criticized by a lot of fans and drivers for the decision. By the way, the track looked real fast and i noticed you did some work on the hill. Glad to see you keeping up on the facility. Now can you mow or spray part of the hillside so turns 3 & 4 are visible. Thanks for considering my suggestion and keep up the good work!!!!

chillyrick
08-24-2011, 07:39 AM
"....avoid being boycotted by cars that are forced to not race at your track by people like Hollyweird Brian Gray....."

Could you explain how this is possible?????????????????????? We are talking about grown men, with a spine, in America...correct?

lazermod3
08-24-2011, 12:52 PM
the xd-4 boycott was NOT because brian wasn't alowwed to change a tire. the boycott is because of 2 specific issues. 1 being that after brian pulled into the infield it was blatent unwarranted disrespect tword him and the rest of the drivers there. and 2 the track agreed that they would increase the purse for the late model drivers through their main event of the year. which they have renigged on.

you are very correct on the hot pit idea that would be a great improvement. but my pappy told me you are only as good as your word and the folks at L.S.G. have tried to work with the DRC to get the car counts up as well as the purses. the car counts have followed suit but the partins have left the late model guys out. we know that nose pieces given to the winners isn't much to the owners at brushcreek but its alot to us. for every set that we give away we have to sell 5 in order to get that money back. we wish them the best but can't support a track that feels the way they do about late model racers.

mr shannon has really done alot for them and i beleve he will also soon find out they don't care about his efforts either. i will bet that most of you know about brushcreek because of the DRC.net.