PDA

View Full Version : Which is a better Dirt nose?

mqdirtracer57
08-22-2011, 07:45 AM
MD3 or Dominator?

rubbinsracin
08-22-2011, 09:27 AM
we use the MD3 because its the only "approved" nose for our track. however, we do have about 3 or 4 guys that run the Dominator. i personally think they look better. but since our nose is in such good shape, even after a 3rd year, it hard to justify changing. i think its cool that they have the built in valance that you can trim and the first time you roll over and clip the dirt the MD3 valance falls off anyways. i think i just talked myself into buying a new nose this winter lol.

latemodel86
08-22-2011, 07:47 PM
I'd go with the dominator. It's a nice looking nose and is pretty tough.

Aerotech/Dominator
08-23-2011, 12:10 PM
Hi guys --- Our nose kit is legal at all tracks that i know of --- Only the WOO guys will hit you a 50 lbs. weight penalty for showing up at your track to race with them ?? I wish they would work with all of us racers...... thanks Dominator Race Products ......

rubbinsracin
08-23-2011, 02:02 PM
Hi guys --- Our nose kit is legal at all tracks that i know of --- Only the WOO guys will hit you a 50 lbs. weight penalty for showing up at your track to race with them ?? I wish they would work with all of us racers...... thanks Dominator Race Products ......

i know you guys back fenders and sail panels. we are looking to shed some weight next year with our body and were wondering if you could tell us if there is a significant difference in the weight of the plastic vs their metal counterparts?

hpmaster
08-23-2011, 02:07 PM
I have used both and I mean USED! The dominator is more rigid and seems to hold up better.

John H
08-23-2011, 02:08 PM
By far the MD3 is the best nose to install with better fit and finish! I have installed several hundred noses over the years from several different manufactures. If you are installing the MD3 valance kit and it rolls and falls off, you are not installing it correctly!

dirtracer35
09-01-2011, 06:53 PM
in my opinion the dominator nose is more aerodynamic and looks a whole lot cooler on the car but it seems like its impossible to get it to fit right without cutting it up. the md3 nose just seems like it falls right on the car perfect. If your traveling and you need to throw a nose on the car real quick id say md3 but if your a weekly racer and you have time to mess with it the dominater is alot cooler and more aerodynamic.

WheelchairWarrior
09-01-2011, 09:46 PM
Our Dominator is rock solid. We used the MD3 up until last season, its a good nose. However we switched to the Dominator last season due to the looks of the nose. We soon found out that the Dominator is one tuff customer. The Dominator is made of thicker material and the Fenders/Floppers are very stout pieces. It does take a lil bit to fit it right. But once we figured it out is went right on. Our team will continue to use the Dominator due to how well it is built...

Aerotech/Dominator
09-06-2011, 08:58 AM
This thing was built to the new rules - 36-37" fender height with a 52" from center of wheel....If you have a old school body on your car then it will seem hard to put on-- All 4 pieces fit right togeather off of the car -- the guys need to raise the right side crash bar on the car to get ground clearece of like 10-12" --- We have alot of cars with the front end turned to the right alot 6-8" or more --- So when you are in the straight away the nose is in the air all the time --- easy to turn into the corner!! Thanks Bentley