PDA

View Full Version : Tri-County Race Track is Back in Action Aug. 26 with Back to School Nickel Night!!

Superman_Racing
08-22-2011, 10:04 AM
"Tri-County will resume with Back to School Nickel Night on Friday, August 26. On top of the regular racing program, a special promotion will be held for the kids courtesy of Macon Bank of Murphy, North Carolina. A total of 10,000 nickels will be scattered on the front stretch and kids ages 4-12 will be split up into three different groups. Each age group will receive two minutes on the track to find as many nickels as possible. The winner of each age group will be given a savings bond in their own name courtesy of Macon Bank."

Make plans to come out to Ray Cook's Promoted Tri-County Racetrack in Brasstown, NC this friday. This year we have seen tons of exciting racing action every week. Last week they had 18 Super Latemodels and 20 Limited/Crates along with many car's in other divisions as well. I look forward to seeing some more great racing action this week with a full pits and a good crowd!!

According to the website:
Gates Open @ 5 pm, Drivers Meeting @ 7:30, and Racing Starts at 8pm with Hotlaps
Admission is $10 for adults stands, Kids 6-12 stands $5, Under 5 stands free. Adult pits $22, Kids 6-12 Pits $10, Under 5 Pits Free.

For more information go to www.tricountyracetrack.com

Superman_Racing
08-22-2011, 10:15 AM
Winners this season by Class:

Super Late Models
4 Danny Ledford (4 Wins)
00 Johnny Chastain (2 Wins)
X15 Shawn Chastain (2 Wins Collected SLM Bounty)
49 Jonathan Davenport (1 Win Memorial Day Championship Race)
8 David Payne (1 Win)
105 Preston Graves (1 Win)

Limited/Crate
27 Charlie Parker (3 Wins)
33 Bobby Panter (3 Wins)
19/4 Danny Ledford (3 Wins)
71 Pierce McCarter (1 Win Crate Car)
88 Jason Payne (1 Win)

Modified Hobby
34 Greg Suddereth (6 Wins)
818 Jeffery Wood (3 Wins)
4 Dwayne Cole (1 Win)
17 Brad Thomas (1 Win)

Street Enduro
88 Ricky Smith (6 Wins)
22 Josh Roberts (2 Wins)
17 Charles Toomey (1 Win)
32 Jeremy Woody (1 Win)
7 Johnny Burnette (1 Win)

Pony
17W Justin Woodard (3 Wins)
1 Marty Clark (3 Wins)
26 Jamie Cross (2 Wins)
29 Travis Robinson (1 Win)
01 Shannon Jones (1 Win)
J39 Jimmy Elliott (1 Win)

Crate Late Models (Only 1 Race This Season So Far)
56 Ty Lowe (1 Win)

Superman_Racing
08-22-2011, 11:43 AM
This will be the last chance to make some laps and get tuned in for Ray's Labor Day Championship Races on Monday September 5th.

Remaining Schedule:
Friday August 26th: Back to School Nickel Night - All 5 Classes
Monday September 5th: Labor Day Championsip - All 5 Classes
Friday September 23rd: Weekly Event - All 5 Classes
Thursday October 6th: Tarheel 50 Classes T.B.A.
Saturday October 22nd: Demolition Derby - Champions Honored - Classes T.B.A

All 5 Classes Include - Super Latemodel, Limited/Crate Latemodel, Interstate Welding Modified Hobby, Street Enduro, and Pony.

Superman_Racing
08-23-2011, 02:32 PM
The limited/crate race has been just as exciting as the super latemodels this year. You wont find a better field of limited driver's any where in my opinion!

Superman_Racing
08-25-2011, 01:34 PM
Weather is looking good for racing tomorrow!!

MDB
08-25-2011, 02:03 PM
I'm ready! These guys and gals remind me of the old school racers who weren't afraid to get a little dirt or a few dents on their cars. There is three and four wide racing in every class. And it don't take all night to get through the program.

Winter time is coming so now's the time to start if you want to see some good racing this season.

Hope to see you there!

Marty

PaperMen
08-25-2011, 03:17 PM
I'm ready! These guys and gals remind me of the old school racers who weren't afraid to get a little dirt or a few dents on their cars. There is three and four wide racing in every class. And it don't take all night to get through the program.

Winter time is coming so now's the time to start if you want to see some good racing this season.

Hope to see you there!

Marty

I'll Second This!!