PDA

View Full Version : Left rear bars

Hagen14t
08-22-2011, 12:51 PM
Hey guys, i have heard alot of different opinions on the left side bar angles. What do you want your left rear upper rod to end up at full lift? Do you want it at 45 or can it be more? Mine is around 49 degrees and i was just wondering what i should have it at? My static is 32 degrees. I also was wondering what a good bottom rod angle would be to start at and which way to go when the track starts to lose grip. Help very much appreciated. Thanks guys.

dirttrackrocker
08-22-2011, 04:51 PM
Most of the threads I have read say no more than 45 at full drop on LR top. 5-10 on lower at static.

Egoracing
08-22-2011, 06:20 PM
on a 4 link floated spring behind lowering the bar on the chassis will cause the car to gain LR drive while on the gas and will slightly tighten the car through the corner.

Bcollins82
08-22-2011, 09:43 PM
on a 4 link floated spring behind lowering the bar on the chassis will cause the car to gain LR drive while on the gas and will slightly tighten the car through the corner.

* lowering the lower bar will do this. I think that's what you were meaning to say.

Hagen14t
08-22-2011, 10:43 PM
Thanks for the responses guys, do you think that 49 degrees on the left top is too much?

Egoracing
08-23-2011, 06:50 AM
* lowering the lower bar will do this. I think that's what you were meaning to say.

Yea, there is about 2 sentences missing????? Thanks!

Bcollins82
08-23-2011, 09:09 AM
Thanks for the responses guys, do you think that 49 degrees on the left top is too much?

Yes, like dirttrackrocker said, 45 degrees max.... 49 is too much, it will just pull the LR up under the car and won't drive forward as hard.

powerslide
08-23-2011, 09:42 AM
Yes, like dirttrackrocker said, 45 degrees max.... 49 is too much, it will just pull the LR up under the car and won't drive forward as hard.

and so the debate continues on how to measure that "max angle" with both sides of the rear hanging or RR compressed to R/H or a little past...

dirttrackrocker
08-23-2011, 10:26 AM
and so the debate continues on how to measure that "max angle" with both sides of the rear hanging or RR compressed to R/H or a little past...

I'm not really sure it makes a difference does it?? If you have a chain limiting travel to 45* that 45* doesn't change no matter where the Right side is does it?

powerslide
08-23-2011, 10:48 AM
better get out in the garage and do your homework for the night

Bcollins82
08-23-2011, 10:51 AM
It makes a difference if you are using an under rail or a chain mounted inboard of the birdcage. The farther you compress the RR, the more angle your LR bars will gain. My opinion is that you need to be able to repeat your measurements... If you jack up your car in front of the LR tire to measure your chassis is running downhill, so if you measure your angle and it's 45*, but your chassis is down hill 4* you are actually at 49*. IMO the easiest, most repeatable way to measure it is to have the car in the air, level, and let both sides hang. Yeah, in extreme situations your LR might go a few degrees over 45, but if the track is that hammer down fast you probably should have some angle or droop taken out before you hit the track.

1Blacksheep
08-23-2011, 06:12 PM
Its more of a timing thing like the action of a shock. More angle quicker action and more importantly more steer. After it hits its limiter whether it be shock or chain the thrust angle becomes straight forward with a slight uphill direction dependant on the limiter location, at which point steer is the most important variable which is a crutch to start with. Crutchs fixing crutchs will make you CRAZY.:p;) Limit the crutch to 45% or less! And I will go with Collins on adjust it hanging so it is consistant week to week. The rest will be a gamble for track condition at best. Dont forget that tranny seal and/or yoke length when experimenting.

Bcollins82
08-23-2011, 07:47 PM
Its more of a timing thing like the action of a shock. More angle quicker action and more importantly more steer. After it hits its limiter whether it be shock or chain the thrust angle becomes straight forward with a slight uphill direction dependant on the limiter location, at which point steer is the most important variable which is a crutch to start with. Crutchs fixing crutchs will make you CRAZY.:p;) Limit the crutch to 45% or less! And I will go with Collins on adjust it hanging so it is consistant week to week. The rest will be a gamble for track condition at best. Dont forget that tranny seal and/or yoke length when experimenting.

Agree with you on the timing part IF your car is coming off the bars, but most aren't dropping over an inch getting in, so if that corner is solid you don't have anything to time.... Lol more crutches!!!!