PDA

View Full Version : Masterbilt s7 suspension

hucktyson
08-22-2011, 04:31 PM
Does anyone know specifics about what would be differant about the s7 suspension on a 2008 smack down round tube car ? And also what is the differance in location of front end mounting points on the gen x vs the smackdown. The smack down relentlessly bottoms out there right side of the cross member and im working on raising the cross member and steering rack 2 inches to fix this problem and while i was at it i was seeing if theres something i can do with the right front suspension which all needs replaced after something broke and turned the car into the wall during one of the bottoming out episodes. btw im trying to get a gen x car but by the time i would have the car and get it together the season would be almost over since theres only a few weeks left... If anyone has any of those dimensions it would be greatly appreciated.

racer241
08-23-2011, 12:04 AM
What springs do you have in the front? I have the same car, (except it's a 2008 square tube) and i havent had too much problem with it bottoming out

hucktyson
08-23-2011, 10:38 AM
The track we race at has a huge hole going into turn 3 which you cant avoid and you hit this hole about 125 mph, to make the car through the remainder of 3 and 4 and through one and 2 you need right around a 400 on the right front even going as stiff as 475 with 12 extra click of compression in the right front it still bottoms out and makes the car junk on the rest of the lap. What im looking for is are the mounts moved on the gen x vs the 2008 smack down and if they are moved what direction and how far and if that answer is unknown if someone can let me know the heigth of the lower control arm inner bolt sitting at ride height and the angle of the upper and lower arms i would greatly appriciate it. Once i buy the gen x naturally i can just make a jig off of that but i need to make these changes immediately.

John H
08-23-2011, 05:00 PM
Why don't you call Masters. I'm sure they would be happy to give you that info.
After all you ARE hucktyson!!

BTDT
08-25-2011, 03:15 PM
We have an 07 square tube that we bought used. Bought the SL front end from MB and our car has never bottomed out. We race form tacky 1/2 mile to slick 3/8.

We did not know squat about MB's and every time we call with a question we always get good info that makes us better.

Keith and Tader are proud of what they build and they want them up front. (we are by the way) And while I am doing the promo tour. I always shop what ever I need and Keith ALWAYS gives me the best price.

Talk to them they will get you in the ball park. JMHO:cool: