PDA

View Full Version : power steering problems

stittracer99
08-22-2011, 06:17 PM
First off we run a BRT rack w/ servo and a power steering pump mounted on the front of the block.

We have been having issues with "tight" steering on and off for the last month. The first time I noticed a problem, there was just a tight spot just as I started to turn the wheel past straight to the right....it would lock up and physically not go any further. We tore the rack apart and cleaned it but didn't find anything noticeably wrong but it seemed to fix the issue for a race and half. Then it was back to a having a tight spot that I could work past. It was just kind of get tight and grabby and then work free again. Now this past week it was like running the whole night with no power steering at all. We replaced the belts thinking we just had slipping problems but that made no difference. We also took the lid off the reservoir and it is definitely moving fluid but not sure how much is required to make it work right? A few guys have told us to go after the servo first and others say possibly the pump isn't putting out adequate pressure. Any thoughts based on the symptoms I'm describing? Thanks in advance.

pcope98
08-22-2011, 06:55 PM
im pretty shure you have a servo problem by what your describing, im pretty shure BSB racing is now doing all the brt related stuff you may want to check witht them...