View Full Version : Pro Late Model or Limited Late Model? What's the difference???

zcon97
08-23-2011, 12:06 PM
I am looking at getting into Late Model Racing next year and the series that I am looking at is a Pro Late Model Series. I can't find much information on it and was wondering what the difference between all the other series like Super, Pro and Limited??

rubbinsracin
08-23-2011, 02:15 PM
does the series have a website where the rules are posted?

most "limited" late models around my area are a 11-1 steel head spec type motor with pretty restrictive motor, shock, and tire rules. the "pro" to me makes it sound more like a super late model, which allows for more motor, shock, and tire options.

6wRacn
08-23-2011, 06:33 PM
Depends on where ur from...in central illinois Pro LM is a crate series...they run a 604 or 602 GM crate motor...limited is a steel block w no dry sump allowed...super is pretty wide open as far as engine rules

a guy on a budget should definitely look into the Pro LM series. it is economical and pays better than limited....even if u had the budget for a Super if ur just starting out Pro LM is still the way to go imo

zcon97
08-24-2011, 09:38 AM
does the series have a website where the rules are posted?

most "limited" late models around my area are a 11-1 steel head spec type motor with pretty restrictive motor, shock, and tire rules. the "pro" to me makes it sound more like a super late model, which allows for more motor, shock, and tire options.

The series is Ken-Ten Pro Late Models. From what I've seen, it looks real similar to the Limited Series. My chassis is based on a '76 Chevelle frame and need to know that this is allowed.

zcon97
08-24-2011, 09:41 AM
Depends on where ur from...in central illinois Pro LM is a crate series...they run a 604 or 602 GM crate motor...limited is a steel block w no dry sump allowed...super is pretty wide open as far as engine rules

a guy on a budget should definitely look into the Pro LM series. it is economical and pays better than limited....even if u had the budget for a Super if ur just starting out Pro LM is still the way to go imo

So, am I right in saying that the Pro Series is the middle of the road series with crate motors. What about chassis type requirements? Are you familiar with Ken-Ten Pro Late Model Series?

Egoracing
08-24-2011, 12:55 PM
Ken-Ten Pro Late Model Series is asphalt, 4m is 99.9% dirt racing, you will not find any all out engines in asphalt racing and you can build an engine OR run a crate engine and you can run a fully fabricated car or a clip car.
www.ken-tenprolatemodelseries.com

ford396
08-29-2011, 04:37 PM
Ego, I am not sure where your idea of no all out engines in asphalt comes from. I can say that around here the super late models are all out, as well as many of the modifieds. ???

Egoracing
08-29-2011, 05:17 PM
Ego, I am not sure where your idea of no all out engines in asphalt comes from. I can say that around here the super late models are all out, as well as many of the modifieds. ???

Where and what tracks/series. The typical dirt super late model motor has more power and torque than a NASCAR engine, I have not seen a single series that runs 800-900+hp on asphalt, I am not saying that there may not be some but I have not seen them and would love to see the rules.
Dixie Outlaw Late model engines would be a very limited "limited late model" dirt engine.

dukeyyyyy
09-05-2013, 11:44 PM
Pro late model is usually Fastrack crate and limited around here is basically a steal head late model