PDA

View Full Version : Stock clip late model

jbtill12
08-23-2011, 12:14 PM
I am trying to help setup a stock clip late model for a friend and was wondering what sort of springs people are running on the front. Not sure what brand of chassis or year but the clip is a camaro. Any info, tips, or tricks would be helpful. They are telling me the car wont turn so we are gonna check a few things but we have always ran modifieds on chevelle clips and now are moving into full tube chassis late models so just wanted to know what would be in the ball park as far as front springs. Thanks

DIRTFAN01
08-23-2011, 11:49 PM
Hope this helps........................

Example One--stock clip Late Model on a dirt track

With the current values, this car would be very tight and would require a very low amount of crossweight percentage in order to make the car neutral. The two ends of the car are very different in what they desire to do. There's approximately 2.5 degrees difference in desired roll angle.

To balance this car, we could do several things:
1. Soften the front springs and reverse split the rates to: LF = 850, RF = 800.
2. Reduce the rear spring split to: LR = 185, RR = 175.
3. Raise the Panhard bar to 11/12.
4. Move the dynamic width of the MC to 2 inches left of centerline.

With these changes, the two suspension systems are now much closer to being balanced. The car will turn much better and we can use more crossweight percentage that will load the LR tire, which will promote better bite off the corners.

Read more: http://circletrack.automotive.com/10986/139-0307-suspension-chassis-dynamics-setup-tech/index.html#ixzz1Vv22DtIl

http://circletrack.automotive.com/10986/139-0307-suspension-chassis-dynamics-setup-tech/index.html

jbtill12
08-24-2011, 09:29 AM
I have been looking through circletrack.com at lots of those articles but that is perfect. Exactly what i needed. I also talked to the chassis builder and he said we should head that way with the front springs as well. Thanks for your info.

DIRTFAN01
08-24-2011, 09:45 AM
Your welcome...........Glad I could help............:)

RW57
08-24-2011, 08:14 PM
If it is on a high bank track those no are way off we run at Dixie and ROME speed ways in ga there are several cars I help a friend work as he built most of them they are all nearly alike they all including my sons car run 1400 rf 1100 lf 175 or 200 rr 225 or 250 lr 49.5 cross 51 to 53 left around 53 rear depending on car my sons will not get that much rear because cage is foward 4 in roll out rear 0 to 1 in in front all cars run front sway bars one of his cars is on a different progam with 800 rf 1000 lf no sway bar car is very fast but not consistent if he hits the set up this car is a bullet it rolls over like a 4 bar car all these cars are camaro clip 3 link with rubber bushed ends on top link 2800 # with driver. The latest car he did which I helped him with has a long top link 48 or 50 in long do not remember the link is up beside the driver it is so long this can won sat nite by a half a straight and he was lifting early he was in another time zone we have observed in pictures that this car is getting so much bite that they lr tire was wrinkled like a drag slick my advice would be go softer on springs on a low bank track at Rome any thing less than 1200 will bottom a frame if you drive hard into corner hope this will be some help