PDA

View Full Version : Which Adjustment Is Enough.......OR Possibly Too much?

HuckleberryB4
08-24-2011, 12:50 AM
I got the tight middle while on the throttle problem pretty much cured. It might still be a little snug off with bite in the track, but it was much more driveable off this week.

BUT I noticed the other night when the track had some good bite in it that I had a tight in and to the center issue. Again, nothing horrible just enough to be a tick off. It was one of those deals where I could drive to the center fairly well, but the car didn't want to rotate on it's own and when I should've been able to get back to the gas I was having to stab the brakes to rotate the car then get back to the throttle.

I'm debating between 2 adjustments and was looking for opinions on what will be the most beneficial or maybe too much. I'm either going to raise the RBL at the chassis, or trail the RR 1/4". I'm leaning towards trailing the RR, because I feel like I could still be a little more free off aswell as getting in. And my driving style is alot like an asphalt driver. I keep a car straight and like the car to be able to rotate easily. But l'm unsure on how much this will affect the car on a dry slick track which it is 90% of the time and what will be back to this week. I've never messed with wheelbase adjustment and was wondering if this sounds like a beneficial adjustment......or too much? I've read on other posts that this is a pretty significant adjustment at corner exit. Or will moving the RBL up be enough on a dry slick? Thanks.

bwels25
08-24-2011, 08:54 AM
My first thought is to move the RRL up one hole. If you find that to be too much then I would put the RRL back and move the RR back. I think RRL bar up a hole will give you more of what you are looking for. JMO

powerslide
08-24-2011, 09:11 AM
My first thought is to move the RRL up one hole. If you find that to be too much then I would put the RRL back and move the RR back. I think RRL bar up a hole will give you more of what you are looking for. JMO

agree w/ this

crate late
08-24-2011, 09:29 PM
I like the RRL +1 to free in and once you pick the throttle up if it's too tight raise the LRL +1 to make the car rotate on the gas.

Matt49
08-25-2011, 09:11 AM
I agree with the previous replies. Lowering the lower right bar on the frame will free you up to the center and will have little to no effect from center off.
Trailing the RR can make you too loose on exit.

HuckleberryB4
08-25-2011, 09:55 AM
I agree with the previous replies. Lowering the lower right bar on the frame will free you up to the center and will have little to no effect from center off.
Trailing the RR can make you too loose on exit.

Lower the RBL? Didn't you mean raise?

Matt49
08-25-2011, 10:11 AM
Lower the RBL? Didn't you mean raise?

YES! Sorry. Lowering it will tighten entry. RAISE it to free entry, but like I said, it shouldn't do much to your exit. You loose a little bit of thrust angle which will make the car a little tighter on exit but the additional rear steer compensates for that. The net result is not much change on exit but it makes a very noticeable difference on entry.
Lowering the bottom right bar on the frame will increase the rate at which the bottom of the birdcage rolls forward on compression of the right side suspension. With the shock/spring mounted in front of the birdcage this increases the loading of the RR and makes it "feel" stiffer which tightens entry. Raising the bottom right bar naturally produces opposite results.

HuckleberryB4
08-25-2011, 10:29 AM
Great thanks. Along with the track going back to being dry slick this week this change should be what I need. Thanks to everyone for the help and opinions.