PDA

View Full Version : dry slick traction

JJRT
08-28-2011, 12:29 AM
ok on a dry slick track lets say 225,s across the rear verses 200,s across the back on a 2006 mastersbilt which set up would hook better ?

dchamp3
08-28-2011, 08:59 AM
On a slick track i would be 200 lr 225 rr to help tighten up the car some thats just my opion

Matt49
08-28-2011, 05:43 PM
Right rear helps plant the car on entry and stiffer plants harder.
Left rear helps launch the car from the center and softer launches harder.
Softer left rear lets the car jump up on the bars quicker which generates your left rear drive.

Graff Spee
08-28-2011, 06:36 PM
When running on a dry slick track you want the softest spring that will conform to the track the best.The stiffer spring takes the weight. The stiffer spring also overloads and brakes traction faster. A stiffer spring is usually better for a novice driver, it is easier to drive but will ultimatly be slower. Sometimes slower but more consistant wins the race though. You usually will spring the rt. rear to get 4 inches of wheel travel. This is dependant on many factors including track, driving style, moment center etc. I suggest that you go to the extreme each way ,then learn for yourself exactly what happens and to what extent. You may think that it is a waste of time but it is the best way to learn. If you have someone segment time the turns for you you will see the pro's and con's of each adjustment. Good Luck.