PDA

View Full Version : RR bite

dirttrackrocker
08-29-2011, 09:22 AM
I have heard of guys running RR bite instead of LR bite. Can someone explain the handling characteristics and differences.

texas racer
08-29-2011, 07:02 PM
That is true but they always go back to left rear bite.

Egoracing
08-29-2011, 07:30 PM
It is not just RR bite, it is a package that loosens up the car but in actuality the car is generating the added weight for the LR with bars and lift arm/pull bar. You just start with RR bite and on the track you end up with LR but not as much as if you started with LR. You can balance either setup.

Graff Spee
08-29-2011, 07:47 PM
I run rt. rear all the time! If its a short race you will be able to run just about any line you want. Any race over 50 laps you will cook the rt. rear tire and you will go loose and to the back. When I tell some one what I run they think I am lying. Try it ,you may like it!

johnny v
08-29-2011, 08:44 PM
It is not just RR bite, it is a package that loosens up the car but in actuality the car is generating the added weight for the LR with bars and lift arm/pull bar. You just start with RR bite and on the track you end up with LR but not as much as if you started with LR. You can balance either setup.

I agree with the above quote. Static numbers don't really mean a whole lot cause as soon as you touch the gas on these cars, they have LR bite in them because of the hike...... so starting off with static RR or heads up numbers, 0 bite.... just is a way to balance the package.....as soon as the car moves toward the left on turn in to the corner... the weight moves to the Right...... So its really the Dynamic loadings that really mean something....

Graff Spee
08-29-2011, 10:19 PM
I agree with the above quote. Static numbers don't really mean a whole lot cause as soon as you touch the gas on these cars, they have LR bite in them because of the hike...... so starting off with static RR or heads up numbers, 0 bite.... just is a way to balance the package.....as soon as the car moves toward the left on turn in to the corner... the weight moves to the Right...... So its really the Dynamic loadings that really mean something....

It sounds good! I think i have learned something!!!

Egoracing
08-30-2011, 06:37 AM
I run rt. rear all the time! If its a short race you will be able to run just about any line you want. Any race over 50 laps you will cook the rt. rear tire and you will go loose and to the back. When I tell some one what I run they think I am lying. Try it ,you may like it!

I would bet your car stays flatter and your RR bite numbers are under 75lbs. Do you run a decently banked track? I know of one driver that tried RR bite and about wrecked his car in hot laps. He was running over 200lbs lr bite and when he tried RR all he did was reverse his numbers and tried over 200lbs of RR. NOT a good Idea!!!

Darkstar15
08-30-2011, 07:43 AM
We run RR all the time. Never more than 30lbs. Car will run anywhere driver wants it. And it will use up RR in longer races. Car is good in slick, average in tacky. Since this year has been all slick we have been happy with car.

john