PDA

View Full Version : hard shake in the front

scrub_fan
09-02-2011, 10:21 PM
while racing or under caution the front has a bad shake almost takes the wheel from the drivers hand have checked everything in the front end everything is tight and set right woodward rack with remote servo can the servo cause a shake like that or any ideas on what might cause this there is also no mud in the tires

roybeckett13j
09-02-2011, 11:00 PM
Rough race track...when your slowed down you're going over the bumps, slow down under caution and your going through them...jerk the wheel all around on my stock car.

roybeckett13j
09-02-2011, 11:07 PM
should of read that when your slowed down your going through the bumps...up to speed your just flying over them

AmickRacing
09-03-2011, 01:14 AM
What are you running for toe-out?
If you're running 1/4 - 3/8 you might try bumping it up a bit more to 1/2 - 5/8. With the more toe the tires will scrub more and the car won't have a chance to hop from tire to tire. Course it will still do that a bit on a rough track regardless of the toe out, unless you're 0, but that's bad too.

HuckleberryB4
09-04-2011, 09:34 AM
Check all your heims in the front end. A buddy of mine had the exact same problem a couple of years ago. We ended up tracking it down to a couple of worn out heims. It wasn't bent or anything, but was just worn out and had alot of slop in it. I'd bet almost anything you'll find that to be your problem too. Good luck.

Egoracing
09-04-2011, 09:48 AM
Check all your heims in the front end. A buddy of mine had the exact same problem a couple of years ago. We ended up tracking it down to a couple of worn out heims. It wasn't bent or anything, but was just worn out and had alot of slop in it. I'd bet almost anything you'll find that to be your problem too. Good luck.

Agree, check the heims and your shocks. I have seen oil shock leak and get a dead spot and allow the tire to do anything it wanted.

racin6mod
09-04-2011, 10:13 AM
I have seen servo's cause the same thing but normally it even shakes in the pit's just not as bad due to the lower rpm's. the servo has a shaft with small holes in it that can twist and cause the holes to miss aline with the ports in the housing. when it twist a lot you know right away but a slight twist and you have a hard time pin pointing the probllem.

Graff Spee
09-04-2011, 12:46 PM
Bent rim or loose/ worn front end parts.

scrub_fan
09-04-2011, 09:48 PM
found one loose hiem and moved toe to 5/8 during the heat it was gone also early in the main it was gone but as the track got slick the shake started to come back am going to call woodward about the servo and change the pump thank you all for the help