PDA

View Full Version : Pinto Spindles... Whats the advantage??

dirttrackrocker
09-03-2011, 11:04 AM
This has probably been covered a million times, but, I can't really find the answer. Whats the advantage of Pinto spindles over Impala, or metric?

usafracer
09-03-2011, 12:38 PM
The big advantage that I have noticed since switching to them is they are stronger. I would go through 3-4 metrics a year and I am still on the same set of Pintos.

AJ55
09-04-2011, 07:24 PM
They are lighter and easier to set up bump steer if they do not hit the lower A arms. I find metric spindles much stronger than pinto but that's just me. Bump steer is the big thing and the weight difference.

racin6mod
09-05-2011, 09:52 AM
plus with the pinto spindles you can run the hybrid rotors cutting a little more wt# of the front.

Gregory43
09-11-2011, 08:00 PM
I personally think the pinto's are stronger, and my steering is much quicker since i switched to them. Only problem i have had with them is that if i had the wheels turned all the way to the right the rf wheel would cut into my lower a-frame, but put a half inch wheel spacer on it and havent had any trouble since.

Reddy Powered
09-13-2011, 11:07 AM
put a half inch wheel spacer on it and havent had any trouble since.

The few times I tried any wheel spacer bigger than 1/2" on RF it created inconsistency through turns. Could have just been because my setup didn't like it but it's something to look at if your car's handling is inconsistent.

Steering is definitely quicker with Pinto spindles

C10
09-13-2011, 11:50 PM
Pinto spindles are nodular iron, so they are stronger and weigh a bit less.