PDA

View Full Version : Need more Drive off..4 bar Victory Chassis

fleming10
09-07-2011, 10:59 AM
The chassis is a 2006 Victory Chassis 4bar/4bar car. 383 Motor on gas. Car has been very consistant all year and is solidly finishes in the top 5 on a nightly basis (curnetly top 10 in national IMCA points)..but always seems to have 1 or 2 guys be better on any given night. Car is very good on entry weather its driven in hard or nice and strait, but have tried many things to try and get more drive off but nothing has seemed to help. Car is run on 3/8' mile tracks that has little banking and tends to start off wet and ends with a medium dry surface..Here is some of the set up...

Left Front: 650 Afco spring
Left Front 7' 5555 Bilstein Shock
Left Front Ride Ht: 6'

Right Front: 650 Afco spring
Right Front: 7' 5030 Bilstein Shock
Right Front Ride Ht: 6 1/8'

Toe Out: 3/8"

LRear: 225 Tall Spring(Clamped in front)... RRear: 225 Spring(Top of housing)
LRear: 9' 1090 Bilstien Shock.... RRear: 9' 3030 Bilstien Shock
LRear: Ride Ht: 7' .... Rrear: Ride Ht: 6 3/4'
LRear Top Bar angle: 35 degrees..... RRear Top Bar angle: 25 degrees
LRear Bottom Bar angle: 15 degrees..... Rrear Bottom Bar angle: 5 degrees

Left Rear has brake Floater

Pull bar: 1050 Afco Spring 1/8' pre-load..w/16' swedge tube
7' 1090 Dampener Bilstien Shock

Percentages: Car ways 2500 after race w/these numbers):
Left 51.5%
Cross 52.5%
Rear 58.2%

Air Pressures (IMCA Hoosier):
LF: 8 RF: 12
LR: 8 RR: 11

Have run the car with both a shorty bar and a biscuit j-bar...car curently has the shorty bar on it (seems to make the car want to go better). I run either bar a hole below the driveshaft on the pinion mount.

Car had a 9' ford rear end...have run 5:67 to 6:14 gears (now running 5:83 ratio)

I plan on tryin a couple things. 1) putting the RR spring on the birdcage in front of the axle housing (instead of on top)..this should give me more sidebite therefore more drive off???
2) Try a progressive pull bar spring?

Any Suggestions??

rocketmod19
09-07-2011, 06:09 PM
if i would do anything i would go tothe left rear behind setup and float the whole rearend. friend of mine runs a victory setup close to yours but its a left rear behind car. we run the angles off the setup sheet and brake floater parralel withthe upper lr bar that would help you a ton imo. he dont touch the car all nite except stager change and the car gets better as the trtack dries up.

fleming10
09-07-2011, 07:33 PM
I do currently have the brake floater bar parrellel to the top Left Rear bar..but I have not tried the left rear behind setup yet. Where did you get a set up sheet from? Also do you know what the lengths of the 4-bar bars are on his car?

anissa5
09-07-2011, 07:42 PM
I would drop angle on all 4 bars .

rocketmod19
09-07-2011, 08:40 PM
if you call victory they will set u up with a set up sheet for the new stuff and probally what worked the best in the 06 chassis. i cant tell you what the bar lengths are off the top of my head. i just know on our car the bar lengths are the same on each side other then how much trail we want to run. they also can get u close on shocks your shocks are not close to what they recomend starting at the only ones that are slose are your right side shocks. just give them a call they will help you alot.

texas racer
09-07-2011, 10:17 PM
RR spring to stiff for top of housing go to a 175 or 150.