PDA

View Full Version : MD3 Modified nose??

dirttrackrocker
09-07-2011, 07:46 PM
Was listening to the webcast from Boone, and they were talking about a MD3 plastic nose that has been approved by IMCA. Has anyone seen one??

the hatchetman 13
09-07-2011, 07:55 PM
performance bodies..

rubbinsracin
09-07-2011, 08:14 PM
http://www.performancebodies.com/Product-Detail.aspx?pid=4973

dirttrackrocker
09-07-2011, 09:08 PM
http://www.performancebodies.com/Product-Detail.aspx?pid=4973

Thats not it.. It's on the main page of the website though....

CsR41
09-07-2011, 09:22 PM
It's kinda weird looking.

rubbinsracin
09-08-2011, 11:14 AM
wow....cant believe that IMCA allow something like that lol they are usually the ones making the rules to allow less....not more

TS3g
09-08-2011, 11:29 AM
I'm surprised it is considered IMCA legal. The rules read: "Nose panel must be flat with no fins or scoops allowed." That thing clearly has raised edges on the sides. Not to mention the "No composite body panels allowed except roof rock guard and hood scoop" rule. I guess $$$ talks and BS walks huh.

rubbinsracin
09-08-2011, 11:43 AM
i know it says coming soon....but does anyone have pictures of it on a car?

dirttrackrocker
09-08-2011, 01:42 PM
I heard on the webcast that a couple of cars at Boone had them. Called and they said should be available in Oct. $159.00 for Black and white $169.00 for colors. Which begs the question, if one of the cars that has one of the "prototypes" on wins, is someone gonna bitch? I wouldn't think they would allow them at Boone unless they were readily available to everyone. They clearly have aerodynamics built into them.....

Ferg58
09-08-2011, 05:32 PM
for some reason I am not smart enough to attach a pic. If you want send me an email and I can send you a pic of the new nose. ferg58@yahoo.com

racin6mod
09-08-2011, 05:39 PM
for the $89.00 you could build 5 aluminum noses.just to plan for my taste.

rocketmod19
09-08-2011, 06:07 PM
and im sure if you make somthing similar you cant run it. i like the look of the nose i like the look of the bigger noses. it would be nice if imca would let the mods run a spoiler too it makes the race car look like a reel car then

dirttrackrocker
09-08-2011, 06:40 PM
for the $89.00 you could build 5 aluminum noses.just to plan for my taste.

$89.00 ???? I think you're looking at the wrong pic. It's on the main page of the website. Doesn't have a price listed. I called and they said it would be available in October. Cost is $159.00 for Black and White $169.00 for colors.

Heres the pic...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v332/klv8lm/shop-online.jpg

JustAddDirt
09-12-2011, 03:56 PM
This is funny. I went to performance bodies at last years IMIS show in Indy and asked if anynone had thought of a plastic nose for a UMP/ IMCA modified. They looked at me like I had a horn growing out of my eyesocket. Now this. Maybe I should go back to the guy that gave me his buisness card, and ask him know?????
Funny, too funny

1Blacksheep
09-12-2011, 04:58 PM
I know what your feeling J A Dirt. We bought a new design 1/4 midget advertised as the Perfection Perfectly Delivered. It was an asphalt car but was told it would work dirt (they were BSn me).Payed thru the nose for it. After many frustrating calls and run arounds because the thing would not work on dirt we went to work modifying it. And got it to working well,very well. Called and chated with the tech guy about shocks and was telling him things we found that worked but wasn't sure why (back then)looking for guidance.Then went to a siminar on this chassis a year later (thinking I was going to learn something).I did, I learned not to teach people how to make there chit work when they will profit from it with not so much as a thankyou. The Cat told the class everything I told him I found worked for dirt verbatem. After the class I told him there was some more findings, but that information would require a check to recieve and to call me if he needed to know more about their car. The Nervo Cogin Pro 2000 works dirt now, Thanks to the Blacksheep. Still waiting on my check + intrest. There is 3tenths of a second still available in that car they don't know about. AND NEVER WILL KNOW from me .But hey thats called racin ,or barrowing knowledge,or theft of knowledge what ever you want to call it !!! A THANKS for the Idea never seems to happen.

racin6mod
09-13-2011, 05:47 PM
$89.00 ???? I think you're looking at the wrong pic. It's on the main page of the website. Doesn't have a price listed. I called and they said it would be available in October. Cost is $159.00 for Black and White $169.00 for colors.

Heres the pic...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v332/klv8lm/shop-online.jpg

ya I look at the link on the 3rd post I do like this new one but at 159.00 maybe the next car will get one.

8wheelsbetterthan4
09-15-2011, 09:03 AM
Thats not it.. It's on the main page of the website though....

I actually found it on www.facebook.com/fivestarbodies page.

wow....cant believe that IMCA allow something like that lol they are usually the ones making the rules to allow less....not more

at Boone, sounded like IMCA wanted this.

I'm surprised it is considered IMCA legal. The rules read: "Nose panel must be flat with no fins or scoops allowed." That thing clearly has raised edges on the sides. Not to mention the "No composite body panels allowed except roof rock guard and hood scoop" rule. I guess $$$ talks and BS walks huh.

Thats the 2011 rules. I bet 2012 rules have an update to include this, as it is IMCA Approved. Guess they (IMCA) helped develop it.

i know it says coming soon....but does anyone have pictures of it on a car?

I heard on the webcast that a couple of cars at Boone had them. Called and they said should be available in Oct. $159.00 for Black and white $169.00 for colors. Which begs the question, if one of the cars that has one of the "prototypes" on wins, is someone gonna bitch? I wouldn't think they would allow them at Boone unless they were readily available to everyone. They clearly have aerodynamics built into them.....

They didnt have it on a car at Boone because its not publicly available. I guess it comes out sometime in October from Five Star & Performance

This is funny. I went to performance bodies at last years IMIS show in Indy and asked if anynone had thought of a plastic nose for a UMP/ IMCA modified. They looked at me like I had a horn growing out of my eyesocket. Now this. Maybe I should go back to the guy that gave me his buisness card, and ask him know?????
Funny, too funny

Probably talked to the low guy on the totem pole, and he probably honestly didnt know - or couldn't talk about it! LOL :cool:

rubbinsracin
09-15-2011, 10:04 AM
my prediction is that they will add so much more downforce that mod setups as we know them will be obsolete haha. i think they should have these nose pieces and spoilers before we know it.