PDA

View Full Version : Afco Edge 10 shock package

rubbinsracin
09-08-2011, 04:56 PM
our shocks are starting to get to the end of their life....ok they are all but dead....this winter we are looking to get a package and we have talked to a few people that have got this package and it definitely made them more consistent instantly. a top ten car became a top 5 car overnight. has anyone else used this package? does the $1700 price tag seem reasonable for a 10 shock package? could i go to a shock builder and get a package that would give me the same or better performance for less??

Dirt Man
09-08-2011, 07:22 PM
You get what you pay for!

zeroracing
09-08-2011, 11:08 PM
I agree you get what you pay for. I think your better off picking up a used set of higher end shocks. I am not an afco fan, especially off the shelf. The tuned stuff like envy sells may be a good shock, but for the money I will get an ohlins or Penske set. That is my preference. Call some of the shock builders, you will get a better set than off the shelf more often than not.

GRTLRBITE
09-10-2011, 11:16 AM
do you have any shock rules?

hotrod4890
09-10-2011, 12:36 PM
Off of Mars Race Cars web site. A little more money but a lot more shock! Plus you'll have Jimmy and Chris Mars to help you get everything figured out...

SHOCKS:
Used Sets of Ohlins Shocks, Rebuilt w/ Customized Valving!
$550.00 each

Used Sets of Integra Shocks, Rebuilt w/ Customized Valving!
$550.00 each

Used Sets of Penske Shocks, Rebuilt w/ Customized Valving!
$600.00 each

WV_Race_Fan
09-10-2011, 02:36 PM
Envy is top notch. If you are planning on going with afco, I wouldn't buy the edge package, I would just call Kirk and get the same package redone by him. We have ran numerous brands, but getting a set from him made a huge difference.

Later,

WV Race Fan

rubbinsracin
09-12-2011, 11:02 AM
yeah, our shock rules are pretty strict, we have to run twin tubes of any brand, no gas except a traction shock in front of the LR. and it sounds like next year they are only allowing standard twin tubes. no adjustable or canisters, just plain regular twins.