Setup:
Springs/shocks: LF 500/75
RF 450/75
LR 250/94(rear)/dummy front
RR 225/94
Percentages: 53.4% Rear
53.5% Left
100 pounds bite
Total weight 2330, 100 lbs of ballast all mounted high right side near back.
J-bar: Middle hole on frame, one hole down on pinion (There are four holes)
Bars: LRU: 22* up; I can go one hole up and two more down from current
LRL: 7* up: I can go one hole down
RRU: 16* up: I can go one hole up and two down
RRL: 0*: I have no other holes for vertical adjustment, but have a hole for using a shorter bar.
3/8 mile track, moderate sweeping turns, maybe 10-12* of banking.
Started night with 4" of stagger. Car was crazy loose..as in spin out twice in the heat loose. Seemed loose everywhere.
We reduced stagger to 2" for feature, which also yielded about 20 lbs of bite based on what we found out at shop...Made car better, but..
Car seemed to turn in ok, but seemed to get tight in the middle, had to stab brake to keep nose down and keep car attitude correct for exit to work...and throttling car didn't help..it would push up the track harder if I tried to break tires loose with throttle in middle...
If I drove in harder it did seem to get a bit better, and if I didn't hit it perfect, then I would still snap loose on exit (controllably this time).
I apologize for the length of the post..I am new to this..I have a good sense of the things I'm supposed to do for different conditions, but translating what I'm feeling is a learning curve right now...
Should I:
return stagger to 4", and perhaps lower j-bar at pinion and lower LRL bar for more sidebite and forward drive off?
stay at 2" of stagger and attempt to fix tight middle...perhaps reduce RF spring to 400?
Don't change anything and learn how to drive with the given stuff!! :)
Thanks!

dchamp3
09-10-2011, 11:26 PM
500 lf 400 rf 200 lr 225 rr, lr top up, down one on pinion, 3'' to 4'' stagger just something to try.