PDA

View Full Version : metric shock ?

propit21
09-12-2011, 01:20 AM
little confuse here maybe someone can help

why would you want to run a 3/5 shock on the left rear on a hobby/streetstock car. why not a 5/3 or something higher in compression to keep the wieght on the left rear longer.

I notice that on the jet racing chassis page for there stock setup they recommend a 3/5 on the LR

on alot of mods and pro stock type cars they run 7/2 and higher compression shocks on the LR. Why wouldn't you want the same on a metic car?

shadowj38
09-12-2011, 12:41 PM
i run a metric chassis in a street stock class. i changed to a 7/2 on my lr a couple weeks ago and it changed the car completely. it drives off the corner and down the straight much better. i have never tried a 3/5 so i couldnt tell you too much about that but the 7/2 is what i have found to be workin the best right now.

fast_crew
09-12-2011, 04:32 PM
If they use Bilstein shocks keep in mind there valving is backwards from most shock companies.

chapa9
10-03-2011, 03:09 PM
i run a mod and used to run a factory stock. now its been a while but the difference would be on our stockers the goal was to get it on LR faster off corner so we went with a light compression shock to let it "squat" on that corner faster, usually ran what they call "easy up" on the RF
On a mod we are lifting the LR so the stiffer compression puts more pressure on the LR and helping the chassis raise up, and help it stay up when off throttle.
now with that being said its been 6-7 years since I ran stockcars so my technology is off. Im here lookin for pointers my self cus we may mess around with Stock Cars again lol